• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Billyboy View Post
    Ooooo.....
    Pretty!
    Thanks Billyboy.

Also thanks to Salty Monk's photos, the stripes are as per the 1980 model.

I boiled the tank in a caustic soda solution as well and a thick brown sludge came out of the tank.

The next big job is bending the windshield!

Comment

Nice work , it is really going to be a looker.
      Sorry, I am having a hard time finding those vents for you, seems like no one here has them anymore, everyone just brings them in as needed.
      If you fancy yourself handy with perspex, I can whip you up and send you drawings and you can fabricate them yourself fo a few bucks worth of perspex, be a lot cheaper than getting them from the States, let me know if you are interested.

Following with interest.

Comment

Nice one Andre! That tank is looking the ducks guts!
        Last edited by pete; 04-09-2011, 06:41 PM. Reason: Can't spell...
        1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
        1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

I hope my first painting attempt turns out 1/2 as good as yours.
          Last edited by Guest; 04-15-2011, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Matchless View Post
            Slowly but progressing at least:
            The tank has just been painted;

Great job. Now I guess I'll have to strip mine and send it to you.
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
              Nice work , it is really going to be a looker.
              Sorry, I am having a hard time finding those vents for you, seems like no one here has them anymore, everyone just brings them in as needed.
              If you fancy yourself handy with perspex, I can whip you up and send you drawings and you can fabricate them yourself fo a few bucks worth of perspex, be a lot cheaper than getting them from the States, let me know if you are interested.

Following with interest.
              Please do! I am definitely interested.

Comment

The windscreen is still pending and the new edging is on order, but here she is!

Comment

Very nice Matchless. Congrats
                  Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                  1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                  2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                  Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                  and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

After all that work, I certainly hope you enjoy riding behind it.

sigpic
                    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                    Family Portrait
                    Siblings and Spouses
                    Mom's first ride
                    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Looks great. Love the color!
                      Current Bikes:
                      2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Fantastic work. Thanks for sharing it. Ray
                        "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -Yogi Berra
                        GS Valve Shim Club http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=122394
                        1978 GS1000EC Back home with DJ
                        1979 GS1000SN The new hope
                        1986 VFR700F2 Recycled

Comment

Great work! I rode many miles behind one of those (on a GS550), and I think you will find it very comfortable and convenient. The storage space is great for rain gear, wallet, etc. There should be a place for a GPS unit, too, instead of the maps that are intended for those vinyl straps.

I think new windshields and pop vents are still available for these, also.

Comment

I cant say anything to add what the others have already said.
                            MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                            1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

That's great stuff Andre, very impressive! Looks like you just rode out of a store with it...
                              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Andre, Jennifer's clothes are on thier way down to you as we speak with a Pic of the colour scheme I want.
                                I have dropped you an e-mail with the details for the vents, shout if you need any extra info, hope they work for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X