No announcement yet.

GS 850 Motor for Argentina!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks like the shipping companies will have their work cut out for them if they are going to be the least bit successful at damaging that crate.

Daniel

Comment

Hully crap, S50, that's gift wrapping at it's most engineered....this is really beyond merely offering advice at a distance to a fellow member...this is putting the wrench in his hands and handing him a beer during the procedure. You got a lotta karma (for those who accept it's existence) coming back to you...

Comment

I duct taped a wrench for the bolts since I was not sure if Chris had anything standard down there but I really do hope he has access to a power drill. It will be at least an hour long procedure to inspect anything past the top of the box, you will see upon opening it the top end of the motor and then on the back of the case is the rear spline section bubble wrapped then covered in cardboard. I put my spline from the wheel onto the drive shaft spline with some fresh moly 60 and then wrapped it with a rag and duct taped them together. Also got new stud bolts on with antiseize.

Chris if you read this I should have put a to do list for you in there... but

DO NOT TURN THE MOTOR AS IS.

The tensioner needs to be removed, valve cover and cams. Then start the full timing procedure and you should be good to go.

Comment

Damn, that's what you call Christmas wrapped. You should get a job at the mall wrapping gifts!!! well done indeed. How are you looking $$$ wise to help cover costs so far??
          Rob
          1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
          Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

funny you say that, I am know for wrapping presents in duct tape and cardboard or boxes lying around. I let the church do it for me this year as they where doing a fund raiser.

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
              How are you looking $$$ wise to help cover costs so far??
              Yes, how are you doing on expenses? Aren't you still "short" quite a bit?
              Perhaps some of the regulars in the Off Topic forum could help out.
              Have you posted there?
              Most of them, never seem to be interested in Suzuki's though so they probably missed it...

Edit: Chris, if you see this, could you PLEASE post the picture in today's memoirs titled "That's how I roll"?
              I am CERTAIN that this bunch would enjoy it!!!

Here's the link: http://www.motorcyclememoir.com/archives/3314

Daniel
              Last edited by Guest; 12-24-2010, 10:56 PM.

Comment

post what picture? I need to check my emails but I do have a login to edit the website and plan to get more involved in that. Its a lot easier for me to get online than him.

I will feel better when its dropped off, i dont think I will get a price until it gets trucked from my drop off in Boston to NYC. Rough estimate was like $600-$700 range and we got like $500 I think so far (way more than I expected tbh)

Comment

Originally posted by Skateguy50 View Post
                  post what picture? I
                  #4 of 24 in his slideshow at the bottom of his link that I also posted.

Daniel

Comment

Oh I got you, not sure how to save from them other than screen shots, but here it is for those who didnt read the blog.

Comment

Thanks! I thought that at least "Combat850" would get a kick out of it.

Daniel

Comment

forecasting 18" of snow tomorrow through monday... bah... Ill get this thing out somehow.

Comment

Working...
                        X