GS 550L Gets a make over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great stuff Paul, looking forward to the pic's

I've had plenty of nights where I look at the clock and realise I'm gonna struggle getting up in the morning
    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
      I've had plenty of nights where I look at the clock and realise I'm gonna struggle getting up in the morning
      Ain't that the truth!
      and depending on your beverage of choice... might have a REAL bad headache

Comment

As promised pictures.... the table needs some modifications it is too short and wants to tip forward so I might need to add a brace. Anyway here you go.

And here you can see the difference in the green.. I am having a hard time matching the PC Green.

Painting it black is no longer an option because seeing it like this I can tell it would be way too much black.... though that yellow John Deere combo is starting to stir itself in the back of my head.

Refert to post #25

Paul

Comment

Mate can you feel it yet? It's lookin' great, even with the slightly mismatched green... and man I can hardly tell the difference...

sigpic

Comment

The bike is getting there! It's starting to take shape. I think you should do the wheels either solid silver, or black inners with a polished lip.

It will be a lot of black otherwise and you need something to brighten the bike up a bit.

The body work looks awesome though, I love the green

Comment

Looking good Paul, I like it a lot, those little flashers look good...in a kinky sorta way
              Are you planing on doing anything with the original flasher mounting holes, maybe a suitable size rubber plug or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                Looking good Paul, I like it a lot, those little flashers look good...in a kinky sorta way
                Are you planing on doing anything with the original flasher mounting holes, maybe a suitable size rubber plug or something?
                I am not a big fan of the way out flashers. I kind of like the sleek hidden look. But with that in mind safety first. I want to get everything back together with headlamp installed. Once that is done I plan on parking the bike on the side of the road one night. Turning on the headlight and a blinker and then making sure my blinkers are visible. If they don't stand out and grab ya then I am going to switch back to the wide stalks till I can find some other way to make the blinkers more discreet when not in use. I believe there are some longer stalked versions of what I have on there that might do the trick. I figure about three inches from the light should be good because those little lights are quite bright. We will have to wait and see.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post
                  The bike is getting there! It's starting to take shape. I think you should do the wheels either solid silver, or black inners with a polished lip.

It will be a lot of black otherwise and you need something to brighten the bike up a bit.

The body work looks awesome though, I love the green

I am going to put them on all black and take a look. If it is too much then I can always sand off the lip and give it a polish. Harder to put the paint back on and make it look good. Thanks for the compliments I really like the green too. I was really trying for a no Chrome look but I may have to yield to the front fork uppers, handle bars, shocks. Seeing as that is the case I may need to polish the rims just to keep Continuity.

Paul

Comment

This is an old video but I have those same turn signals.
                    Sold all of my bikes and now have a 1986 Toyota MR2.

Bright enough to see them .

Comment

Originally posted by Flaming Chainsaws View Post
                      This is an old video but I have those same turn signals.
                      Sold all of my bikes and now have a 1986 Toyota MR2.

Bright enough to see them .
                      Yep those are the ones you and I were discussing on your 450 thread when you first started it. Before you decided to go cafe. I had them on the bike and ran with them all last year on the rear. I want to put them on the front and rear this time. They are bright I just want to make sure you can see them at night next to the headlight. Thanks for the video.

Paul

Comment

Okay still not feeling completely up to snuff..... started my weekend with a 101 degree F temperature, which went up during the night and never broke till early Sunday morning. Can we say yuck.... So anyway came home from work today and found a gift for me.

Okay this is now the part where I try to remain calm and simply..... SCREAM ED YOU OR POSPLAYR BETTER SEND ME A PM.......

This one is off a 06 Kawasaki the good news is it should definitely have no problems dealing with the Suzuki Generator....

It is a FET type Regulator and should perform much better than the stock one ever thought about working..... but I now think that my under the gas tank electronics board has just gone out the window. I will have to look into a better location for this.

Well another piece to the puzzle in.

Paul

Comment

Wow that's a big sucker

Should give you some nice regulation for sure

sigpic

Comment

Yeah Pete I know, thats what all the girls say.............Oh, you mean Paul's regulator, sorry, yes that thing should do the job indeed.
                            Sorry to hear you feeling crook Paul, hope you get well soon and back to getting that machine on the road.
                            have you maybe thought of dropping the indicators down to where the reflectors currently sit on the sides of the lower triple clamp, that should keep them well clear of the head light glare?
                            You already have monting place down there, may just have to fabricate a simple bracket, should not be too hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                              have you maybe thought of dropping the indicators down to where the reflectors currently sit on the sides of the lower triple clamp, that should keep them well clear of the head light glare?
                              You already have monting place down there, may just have to fabricate a simple bracket, should not be too hard.
                              Have not thought about that may have to take a look and see. Well today got my needle bearings ordered for my swing arm should be in next week. I am going to try and get the back wheel prepped and painted by Wed so that I can take both tires back on the wheels early part of next week. Then it will be Engine replacement time.... Notice I am giving myself only one goal for this week ... lets see if I can get that accomplished...lol.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck View Post
                                Have not thought about that may have to take a look and see. Well today got my needle bearings ordered for my swing arm should be in next week. I am going to try and get the back wheel prepped and painted by Wed so that I can take both tires back on the wheels early part of next week. Then it will be Engine replacement time.... Notice I am giving myself only one goal for this week ... lets see if I can get that accomplished...lol.

Paul
                                Mate one thing at a time, and if you get more than that done then it's a complete bonus

I set myself a goal of four things done on my time off... one's done (tank lining), one's out of my control (Tranzac exhaust), one's about two thirds done (duck tail), and I haven't started the fourth yet (carb and caliper parts painting)... I have effectively two working days left... we shall see!

Good luck and you're making good progress, definitely good to see

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X