78 gs1000 track bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

78 gs1000 track bike

so the gs1000 i picked up about a week ago(for free) will become a track bike. mods in mind with part already acquired are; 93 gsxr forks set up(thanks ray) a 2005 gsxr swingarm with monoshock. with that in mind we( my oldest brother and i) are going to take the old girl down to frame so we can give her frame bracing(will do thread search for yoshi frame bracing) hence the monoshock. we may end up getting a different engine for her to.as soon as i can i'll take the before pic and pix of the components to go on her. this should be fun for my local gsers(and some not so locals too), i'm sure i will be looking to pick brains for ideas and maybe even asking for help on thinks i just can figure out how to or where to do it, or get it done i'm not to proud to farm out some work or have a helping hand

78 gs1000

you've kinda described my girl Pearl. at least that's what i had in mind when i built her.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Guest; 01-25-2011, 04:45 AM. Reason: adding picture

Comment

what exhaust set up did you use?? the one on the bike is stock. p.s. it will probably be showing up in the for sale pages soon
      also what swingarm did you use? i may do that on my 1100e
      Last edited by Guest; 01-25-2011, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by schlyme View Post
        what exhaust set up did you use?? the one on the bike is stock. p.s. it will probably be showing up in the for sale pages soon
        What kinda shape is it in?
        sigpic

82 GS850
        78 GS1000
        04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
        .................________-|___\____
        ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

the bike is actually in decent shape, but it did sit for a couple of years. figure the forks would need new dust covers, fork oil change, and maybe new oil seals just to make sure you don't have to do it shortly after installing them there is a dent on the tank but in all honesty i don't think we'll mess with it, unless my bro wants the bike to look perty as well as perform if ther is a chance this weekend i'll take pix to post as well as to have handy when we start selling stuff

Comment

parts answers

vintage stainless yosh system put together off ebay for about 200.00 total, 1997 gsxr1000 rear swinger. tl1000 front end. everything it took to build her from fab to wiring info i found right here on this site. this bike is a perfect example of what happens when you use this site to its fullest and use the search feature for answers but be prepared, your gonna have to read quite a bit. cliff

Comment

Working...
            X