Alley Rat: A Plague on Humanity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alley Rat: A Plague on Humanity

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. I posted a thread on gs owners, but this seems like a more aproprate forum for my build, so fo rthose of you who have not seen that thread I thought I would post here to, first I have a 85 GS450L that I got in trade for an old computer projector. I have never owned a bike, much less built one, but I have never let something like that stop me before. I am having the time of my life doing it too. I have reconnected with an old childhood friend throught the bike. He just happened to call me up one day and we started hanging out and building the bike.

So to cut to the chase, here are some pics of what we are doing, we are building a vintage cafe racer with a modern twist, Just got a tank off of a 450E, no pic yet and...first here is the way it loked when i got it...
    ok having trouble posting pics i'll get back to you

I saw that thread, let me help you out

click on the little mountain and sun icon, then paste in the link and your good to go.

Comment

Welcome to the forum and that looks like a great start on the forks and wheels there, nice.

Are you keeping the struts on the rear or are you gonna be nice to your back and put some shocks on there?

I did similar work to my wheels on my E except I left the edge of the rim bare alloy so I can polish them up and I also painted my fork lowers, but I think your turned out much better than my brushing did...
      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

WOW! I really like what you did to the handlebar clamps! The bolts and the clamps are flush! Sweet wheels too. I was thinking about doing that but have decided to just paint it all black with no stripes.

Keep it coming!

Comment

I'm putting shocks back on it then clip on bars. I hope to cut them down by 3 in then with some cutting and welding cut the front fork down by 3 in too...stay tuned!

Comment

Working...
          X