• Show
Clear All

Haha your right the ass end is way cooler
    Although I do like the angry eyes
    What is the master cylinder from?

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post
      What is the master cylinder from?

Not sure what the POs had swapped around, but a very safe guess in this case is a '78 GS750

Comment

Carpet Matches the Drapes

Sanded down the rusty chrome and painted the front fender to match. Added some more unsprung weight while I was at it

Comment

Update

This bike has recently gone from random fun short blast ride on the weekend to my daily commuter thanks to some pipes from another member here(and my nice short commute since I moved). Wasn't a big fan of the headers only but couldn't find the time to build something and couldn't justify the cost or condition of what else I was seeing available. These old aftermarket silencers work with stock headers and just so happen to match the hard tail perfectly!

I also raised the seat a few inches for my knee's sake, moved the gas cap forward and bought about another 1/4 gallon of gas, and added one of "those" gauges.

For anyone considering that style of fuel gauge, I think the weld in bungs with threaded fittings are too clunky and over priced. I picked up two 90 degree brass fittings in the plumbing section and some clear fuel line in the lawn mower section of OSH for about $13 total. Now, the silver brazing is where it could get tricky/pricey when going this route. I happened to have some Safety-Silv 45 on hand and know enough to make it flow OK-ish. If you can't, find a cool jeweler/metal smith who can After the first day the tubing had swollen a bit from the fuel, and I found I had to trim about 1/8" off the length to get it to match the curve of the tank again. Not as on top of it with the in-progress pics these days, but here's a close up of the finished thing after I cleaned it up and masked off just the barb part for painting.

Comment

Must say I really like your imagination with this bike. It really does look good if you would have described your intentions I would have thought you were building a rat bike. Looks awesome.

BUT... What is up with this seat lately.... it is everywhere now.... argghhhh are you guys sharing it around from member to member, you must really stop because that is truly one ugly seat.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by verde View Post
              Was cleaning up some stuff and found a copy of 'Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.' Flipped to one of two bookmarks in the whole thing and this is what it said.

Greatest book ever written, well that, and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck View Post
                Must say I really like your imagination with this bike. It really does look good if you would have described your intentions I would have thought you were building a rat bike. Looks awesome.

BUT... What is up with this seat lately.... it is everywhere now.... argghhhh are you guys sharing it around from member to member, you must really stop because that is truly one ugly seat.

Paul
                Haha, thanks. I dunno about saying it looks good though. I'd say it looks fun (and acts the part well). Intentions are definitely best described as rat, but I don't get too wrapped up in classifying it obviously.

As to the seat, unless someone pulled it out of my trash I'm not to blame for it reappearing! I'm not even sure which model it was from. Was a little short and had mismatched hinges, so maybe a later L if it was even from a suzuki? Story was the previous previous owner's girlfriend had slashed the original seat and paint when it was parked outside another girl's house.

Originally posted by elcornus View Post
                Greatest book ever written, well that, and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
                Yeah, it's a good one. The bait didn't work though; no one has chimed in with theories on what personal problems I built into this thing

Comment

Working...
                X