GS1100GL Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kcorbin View Post
    For clear coat, I highly recommend Spray-Max 2K: http://www.repaintsupply.com/pd_2_part_2k_aerosol.cfm

It's a true two-part clear coat that has excellent solvent resistance just like quality body shops use. I also found it to have excellent sag and drip resistance because it dries like an epoxy: all throughout the product rather than from the outside surface in. This allows the sags and runs to flow out more as opposed to freezing into place as the surface hardens first.
    Thanks for the recommendation, I'll keep it handy for the next time!

Comment

Can you show a pic of your seat looking from the top down? I am considering one of those style seats and want to know what it looks like from above. Also, what kind of rear fender was that you ended up going with?

Comment

The fender was this one: http://www.debrix.com/Smooth-7-Round...50-0611-vt.htm

I know, not cheap by GSR standards, but I looked everywhere and couldn't find anything else that would work for me. If you don't mind the flat top look, there are a lot of trailer fenders that can be had for under $40.

I'll take a picture from the top of the seat for you tomorrow, going out riding to a local bike night!

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply, looking forward to that pic.

Comment

Here you go, I hope this is what you wanted to see:

Comment

Thanks a ton. Exactly what view I needed. Looking good too!

Comment

How do the backlights differ on the gauges? I think I'm going to use the same set up. Maybe the bulbs can be made to match?

Comment

Sorry for taking so long, been busy riding!

The lighting is pretty different, but I doesn't bother me enough to do anything about it.

Comment

Wow - that's cool! I am new to this site but maybe I will post some pics of my project which is a GS1100G. I was curious to see what you did with the rear master cylinder and battery. Sorry to see what happened with the battery! I am quite relieved almost to see what you have done. Makes me feel more confident with my project. Although I AM a little jealous - you've done a fantastic job!

I was even wondering about putting a gel battery under the swingarm where you can't see it. It would require some welding but I reckon it could be done. An outfit called Cafe Racer Dreams in Spain has done that with some CB750s.

Anyway well done - hat's off to you!

Comment

Thanks Jimmy, I'm glad you like it!
                      The first battery was a bust, but the second (a Shorai, about the same size) has been working flawlessly for 600 miles of city driving.
                      Please do post pics of your project, everyone here loves pics!
                      Let me know if you have any questions on what I did, more than happy to share.
                      Andres

Comment

Great looking bike. Even though you cut up an L, which I own, and made it a bobber, which I am usually not in favor of, I really like what you did with it. I'm a fan for sure. Great work.

Where did you get your tank emblem?

Comment

Hi, GoodTimes, thanks! The tank emblems are from 60's Suzuki A50 like this: .
                          There are reproductions on ebay all the time, but originals do come up.

Comment

Where'd you get those blinkers? Love the bike!

Comment

Thanks! Rear or front blinkers?

Comment

Rear.

10 char

Comment

Working...
                                X