No announcement yet.

1977 GS550 Cafe project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking very nice but we do need a couple of closer shots.I do like the profile and it does look much better with the back end of the frame removed.

If I had one more criticsm ( and I always do...but its not a big one) I think it would look better if the mufflers were about 6 inches shorter, terminating by the rear axle. Likely not much you can about it and it does look fine but just a tad off to my eye.

I like those "M"bars too. where did you come by those? I'm scheming on a CX500 "Guzzi" replica cafe for my next effort and those bars would work well I think.

Well done......now ride and enjoy.

Cheers,
    Spyug

Comment

Originally posted by spyug View Post
      Looking very nice but we do need a couple of closer shots.I do like the profile and it does look much better with the back end of the frame removed.

If I had one more criticsm ( and I always do...but its not a big one) I think it would look better if the mufflers were about 6 inches shorter, terminating by the rear axle. Likely not much you can about it and it does look fine but just a tad off to my eye.

I like those "M"bars too. where did you come by those? I'm scheming on a CX500 "Guzzi" replica cafe for my next effort and those bars would work well I think.

Well done......now ride and enjoy.

Cheers,
      Spyug
      The exhaust cant go any shorter because of the original center piece. I would if I had the money just by getting new headers, but it'll work for now. they do sell shorter ones, but I didn't like the sound from some youtube videos.

The "M" bars are from Norman Hyde. The cheapest place that carries them from US is Steadfast cycles - http://www.steadfastcycles.com/cart/...oducts_id=1263

The same guys are selling them on ebay for a few more, but I bought em through their website! They feel AWESOME when ridding btw!!!

Comment

I like them as well, great lines. When I saw the name "Norman Hyde" I assumed they would be pricey... and wasn't too far off. For some reason anything taylored to the old British twins gets top dollar. At least they aren't as bad as Flanders bars. Too bad someone can't bend up some $20 knock-offs

Comment

Well the bike has been sold! I have a baby on the way and needed some cash maybe someday I can find another one like this when the money is flowin again!

Comment

kids... they do have a way of doing that to ya, but it's all worth it! CONGRATS!!!

Comment

Working...
            X