No announcement yet.

newG 1100g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys! I'll figure it out....eventually?

cg
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

I learned something .................................................M y nose doesn't work very well. ...................................No fuel in the oil. Petcock works fine. New plugs do wonders. Don't play with the throttle "Eegit", when starting!

A bit smokey here as there are fires all around me.

It is charging fine from a quick test I did before I went on a ride yesterday. No oil leaks anywhere. Final drive ok. It can pass. The new plugs really woke it up.

cg
      sigpic
      83 GS1100g

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

It's always amazing what a new set of plugs will do. The bike is sounding very reliable Charlie and you've probably put a few hundred miles on her already now. Fantastic!
        Rob
        1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
        Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

[/URL]

[/URL]

Arrived today via UPS. Thanks England.

cg
          sigpic
          83 GS1100g

Comment

Those are not the same as the ones I had. Mine only had the basic adjustment, those look pretty darn nice Charlie. Looking forward to the review.
            Rob
            1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
            Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
              Wow Charlie, love it!
              I went through all these pages looking to find out what happened to the 82. I guess you just fell in love with the better looking 83.
              All the weekend hardley guys ignoring you, I'm sure?
              "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
              1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
              1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
              1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                Wow Charlie, love it!
                I went through all these pages looking to find out what happened to the 82. I guess you just fell in love with the better looking 83.
                All the weekend hardley guys ignoring you, I'm sure?
                Bill,

I got the 82 running but it has drivetrain/ tranny problems so I focused on the 83. I've put 6k mile on the 83 sinced last August. I'm not certain the Harley guys even see me , unless I'm coming straight at them.

cg
                sigpic
                83 GS1100g

Comment

Hey Charlie, I saw your pics of the stripped teeth, bummer.
                  However, you should buy those parts > Before they're no longer available!
                  "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

I would like to have the 82 on the road. I plan on opening up the case and see whats going on. Hoping it's do able.

cg
                    sigpic
                    83 GS1100g

Comment

Can you believe I stripped my '82 1100G down and did a Track Day with it?
                      Worked great, but was not at the performance level of modern sport bikes.
                      It was my 1st track day too, so I had quite an up and down battle between confidence and fear.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                        Can you believe I stripped my '82 1100G down and did a Track Day with it?
                        Worked great, but was not at the performance level of modern sport bikes.
                        It was my 1st track day too, so I had quite an up and down battle between confidence and fear.
                        Bill,

It sounds like fun to to take it on the track. I'd be interested in knowing any mods you may have done to improve it's handling or engine performance. Care to share your experience with me. The bike is a joy on long trips. Comfortable and I can pass at will !!! I understand the confidence/fear battle....

cg
                        sigpic
                        83 GS1100g

Comment

I've made no performance mods Charlie, and for the track day I just did the most ideal state of tune: carbs synced, clean plugs and air filter, cables, fork oil, brake pads, air pressure, new tires. All factory spec.
                          I just took off the glass headlight, mirrors and turn signals, and did the small safety things required by the track day group.
                          I also cleaned off every dip of oil and dirt on the engine and bike, just so they knew I took serious care of it. The tech inspectors certified me with just a quick look.
                          Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 04-16-2015, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Hey Charlie...Hows your 82 going? I was looking at your electrical setup (For reference as it looks so neat!) you don't happen to have any spare parts from the signal generators by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by Higgibaby View Post
                              Hey Charlie...Hows your 82 going? I was looking at your electrical setup (For reference as it looks so neat!) you don't happen to have any spare parts from the signal generators by any chance?

No, I don't. Sorry....
                              sigpic
                              83 GS1100g

Comment

I've got a few things to do to my 1100g because I'm going on a trip to Ontario Canada this August. Did a bit of shuffling abound in the garage and got the bike on the new lift.

Brake lines, change in fork oil and a little grease in the steering stem bearings is what I had in mind for now, but.....

I found a few cracks in my 3&4 boots. Maybe this is why those pipes have a bit of a golden hue at times. Drives me crazy chasing these leaks. I should have changed them when I first got this bike going, as I had new ones on the other 1100......" They were so soft and pliable...." Better now than in Nebraska!

Just for the heck of it, here is a somewhat recent picture.
                                sigpic
                                83 GS1100g

Comment

Working...
                                X