newG 1100g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paul View Post
    sounds good !!I'm glad shipping the body part's doesn't cost an arm and a leg
    Very punny.....
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
      Very punny.....
      sounds good !!I'm glad shipping the body part's doesn't cost an arm and a leg

Boy, that went right over my head.
      sigpic
      83 GS1100g
      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
        The shipping costs are yet to be determined. We'll see what US to Canada and back is. Has to be better than Uk to Canada.

cg
        ah OK so are you using Diablo in Canada?

Comment

ah OK so are you using Diablo in Canada?
          Any opinions on them?
          sigpic
          83 GS1100g

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Any opinions on them?
            yep one of the decal companies (The Image Works) over here, said he's seen their work and recommended them

they already have the 82 GL ones I will be ordering a set of those too
            Last edited by Guest; 11-08-2013, 07:29 PM.

Comment

There was a service that will make the brake lines to spec on Ebay. Good reviews, can't remember the name offhand. Pretty cheap.
              I have had good luck with making my own (with help of Nessism) with parts from Earls plus also good luck with the Goodridge ones from Z1.

If $$ are tight I suggest one line down from MC to right hand caliper, double banjo there & then a short one looping over the fender (mudguard) to the one on the other side. Cheapest way & the way I use but you do have to sort out your own fixings (I use cable ties but eventually I guess I'll try to sort out something slicker).

Dan
              1980 GS1000G - Sold
              1978 GS1000E - Finished!
              1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
              1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
              2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
              1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
              2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Here's the eBay seller, very happy with mine:

http://stores.ebay.com/coastguard1975
                1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
                  Here's the eBay seller, very happy with mine:

http://stores.ebay.com/coastguard1975
                  Thanks for the link Pete.

This was the week for mailing off parts and getting parts. I found a fellow in Salem, Oregon parting a GS1100g and managed to get a RH switch to replace the one I broke.

I sent off my old tank, side panels, rear cowl and front fender to Diablo cycles in Canada to get the decals made up. It was $77.00 to ship the lot. I asked them to keep the tank and rear cowl as their damaged and want to save on the return shipping. I gave a thought to cutting the tank in half and using it as a wall hanger for the shop, but I have too many projects.

My parts arrived from Cyclepartsnation!

I have a new rea spline, fork parts, tank seals, parts for cam chain tensioner, carb boots and battery strap.

I want to get the forks done, as I just did the ones on the 650 last spring and it's still fresh in my mind. The bike was in a minor wreck and the steering stop on the RH side was bent. I pulled it off and took it over to ArtH's shop with the intent of welding a bit on the stop to engage the frame and stop it hitting the tank. In the photo above, the blade of the bevel is where the stop should. Art thought we could clamp it to his welding table and beat it back in place and to my surprise it worked. This preceved 1 hour job turned into 4 hours, without the help of beers because as we started and electrician showed up and Art had to help him. I also checked the valves on Art's new GS1000 so he could order shims. That it for the present . Hopefully I can get the forks done and on tomarrow. Maybe put the rear spline in and turn it into a roller again.

cg
                  sigpic
                  83 GS1100g

Comment

Glad to see some more progress Charlie, and parts arriving in the mail is always a bonus!
                    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

This was the week for mailing off parts and getting parts. I found a fellow in Salem, Oregon parting a GS1100g and managed to get a RH switch to replace the one I broke.

cg

GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

Cool project Charlie!

I just have to install some new foam seals in my airbox and then slip it on and I should be up and running finally.

Hope to see you this summer at some point.

~GSJohnny

Comment

Originally posted by GSJohnny View Post
                        GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

Cool project Charlie!

I just have to install some new foam seals in my airbox and then slip it on and I should be up and running finally.

Hope to see you this summer at some point.

~GSJohnny
                        There you are! Hello ! Your ears must of have been ringing, as I was trying to remember your name. I could have used some eyes in Salem a couple of weeks ago. I got it sorted out. The fellow I bought the switch from has a blue 850g which is a runner he rides. Treated me well in the transaction and can pack a mean box of parts. Must be an engineer or a carpenter. Nice of you to post and it would be good to stay in touch. I need to get this beast road worthy before spring, so I have time to adjust to it's ride, prior to the ralley next summer.

Sorry about the mess my dog left, and we had nothing to do with the TP in the trees.

cg
                        sigpic
                        83 GS1100g

Comment

I've been working on the bike in little sperts the last few weeks but I think I've gotten a bit distracted by this possibility below.

I've contacted the current/original owner and have set it up to get it next Saturday. He listed it for sale in the parts for sale section and I e-mailed him about my interest. I'm going to have an 82 & 83. Let's hope the snow melts so I don't have to push it up my drive of ice and snow.

cg
                          sigpic
                          83 GS1100g

Comment

I've been working on the bike in little sperts the last few weeks but I think I've gotten a bit distracted by this possibility below.
                            whooa, that'll scrub up real nice! good luck

Comment

Originally posted by ptexotik View Post
                              whooa, that'll scrub up real nice! good luck
                              That's what I'm hoping.

cg
                              sigpic
                              83 GS1100g

Comment

Looks great, what will it take to get it going? Just the usual or are there problems?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Working...
                                X