first bike,first build,whatcha think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cody3935 View Post
    man f*** i have only been building it for a month and now i fel like i need to redo my sissy bar.
    Haha man it's all good I was just wondering if I had inspired someone or if I had subconciously seen it somewhere else and stole the idea without knowing

Comment

cutting what?

truthfully i did get inspired to do it but i saw it on chop cult before i joined up on here

Comment

Originally posted by cody3935 View Post
        truthfully i did get inspired to do it but i saw it on chop cult before i joined up on here
        Oh then that was my bike you probably saw haha I'm on there too...

And I think they are talking about cutting exhaust...

Comment

Originally posted by mlc216 View Post
          Oh then that was my bike you probably saw haha I'm on there too...

And I think they are talking about cutting exhaust...
          oh lol nice well thanks for the idea then

but i would strongly advise against cutting your mufflers off it sounds like total **** without them thats why i put cherrybombs on

Comment

Cody, I made my own exhaust on my bike and welded in a washer up where I connected the new pipe to the existing pipe. Sounds WAY better, and provided enough back pressure to get my mid range power back! So the bike doesn't feel like a 2-stroke anymore.

My exhaust is really simple... just follows the frame rails back and up and kicks out. I will clean them up real nice and smooth, but I haven't decided if I want to paint them or what. But of course my bike is only a two cylinder so exhaust ideas only go so far...

Comment

duuuude i want your frame!

i tried the washer and it did add some backpressure and what not but it still sounded like freakin honda civic

Comment

Ha I'm actually going to build a new frame once I get settled in our new house because I don't like how it's built now...

And as far as sounding like a civic... well most 4 cylinder bikes are gonna have the kind of tone...

Comment

dang well let me know if you end up selling that frame idk if it would work with my 4 cylinder but it atleast looks the same. maybe someone in here could let me know if it would work.

my cherry bombs toned my bike outta that ricey civic tone down to streetbike status

Comment

I got the same bike, 82 right? Mine is still in process, hopefully be on the road in a few weeks.

I like everything but those red exhausts, they just seem to stick out like a sore thumb, especially with the green paint job. And that paint scheme is so ninja turtle, I can't believe it wasn't your inspiration :P Liking that black front fender to, and the bike rack is awesome.

Comment

its an 81 so its basically the same thing. i have thought about painting them but idk i kinda like em red but ill think about it ya know its 50/50 in my mind. as far as the 'ninja turtle theme' i didnt want it to look like a ninja turtle i just wanted it to look cool

Comment

I like it, although I am kinda partial to green, and original, and interesting ideas.

Good job making the bike truly yours!
                        Keep it up!

Comment

after about an hour of sitting in my garage lookin at my bike i decided to paint the exhaust and a few other things black pics will be up later today

also does anyone know where i can get a dyno jet kit its an 81 550L. dyno jet isnt listing them anymore and i need to get my bike runnin

Comment

i gave into everyones opinions and kinda over did it

but yall know its the truth

Comment

looks good dude

Comment

thanks man

Comment

Working...
                                X