first bike,first build,whatcha think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first bike,first build,whatcha think

first day i got it. i paid 900 dollars for this bike it had good tires everything was clean it cranked but didnt run.

first thing i did when i got it home after rebuilding the carbs was to make i loud little did i know how nasty i would sound.

bmx is my life so i build a sissy bar/bike rack another bad idea to be corrected later

ya gotta admit though it looks rediculous

so trailer light and i cut that fendah

Comment

stipped that efin wirin harness out

turn signal switch

success

then it was time to grind some s*** out for some 1' drag bars

bmx brake lever/clutch

Comment

yall know what this means

i didnt even know how i was gonna tape it all off til i got it in the booth lol last minute decisions work sometimes

fixin that rasp up good like

fixed my sissy bar, hit the tins with some clear and got them packs on

PHOTOSHOOT. what do yall think

Comment

so this was my first time posting anything so it all got a lil mixed up with the 10 pic max b.s. but yall get the idea

Comment

Paint is awesome and really like how you cut the rear fender. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by cody3935 View Post

first day i got it. i paid 900 dollars for this bike it had good tires everything was clean it cranked but didnt run.
              Nice looking bike IN THIS PICTURE.
              You probably paid way too much for a non-running bike though.
              What the heck went so terribly wrong with it while it was in your possession?
              Was it stolen and recovered by the LEO's?

Daniel

Comment

jason thanks. mmm other guy i bought it at a swap meet there was just some security there. i just cleaned the carbs out and it runs fine so 900 for a runnin bike

Comment

Bike rack on a bike????? Everything but that looks great.

Comment

maybe this will help you guys understand why it is necessary for me to have a bike rack

Comment

I thought the bike rack was a nice functional addition. My son would like to make a Kayak rack on his. I like the green and cream combo. The red pipes don't do much for me tho. Looks like your on the coast of N.C. to me.

Charlie G
                      sigpic
                      83 GS1100g
                      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

I used to BMX on a 2005 GT Performer but everyday, I'd come back home with a broken ass. I suck at it .

Comment

Having that much weight up that high and behind the axle is just begging for problems.

Functionally, you would be far better off with a small trailer, instead.

Sorry, but like 7981GS, I think it looked better in the "BEFORE" picture.

sigpic
                          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                          Family Portrait
                          Siblings and Spouses
                          Mom's first ride
                          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I like the bike!

Although the bike rack is a bit much for me, I get it's use. Is it removable?

Comment

I kinda like the little bike. I think the paint is cool, in a ninja turtles inspired way .

Again I gotta say it looks funky with the BMX out back but as long as it handles OK I guess it works for you.

The 1 inch bar is the first I've seen on a GS though. I like the shorty levers too.

Please paint that exhaust black though. The red cans are obnoxious looking.

Also don't get discouraged by people here who may not like your work. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but hey. Different strokes for different folks right?

Comment

Working...
                              X