Gs1000 e 1980

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs1000 e 1980

built from basket of bits, new parts include:- all brake pistons seals, master cyl seals etc
    new piston rings
    new tyres
    wheel bearings
    clutch
    carbs & head refurbished and shimmed
    frame powder coated
    wheels powder coated
    forks refurbed
    fork brace
    sw arm upgrade
    replaced most nuts n bolts with new plated oned or S Steel
    my own slightly retro paint scheme and decals

still to do:-
    seat needs modified to fit between lugs of the tail fairing, not sure why??
    started last week but this week starter motor spinning but no engine spinning??
    will investigate after me holidays!!
    can wait for summer!!!

Nice bike from what i can seen. That spinning starter motor will/should be your starter clutch spining on the back of the rotor. Either its loose or the 3 bolts are broken. Dont quote me but its normally the case.

Comment

Like the re3d and the striping pattern..very good looking bike.
      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Nice looking bike; got any bigger pictures? You can upload them to photobucket.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

then paste the url using the "picture" icon above. There is a howto around here as well.

Comment

more pics

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

added more pics some of earlier stage restoration as well
          cheers

Comment

Really NICE bike!
            And a beautiful view from there no doubt.

Comment

gs 1000

yes we get lovely view of the river Clyde every morning, looks better with GS in the foreground though!!

Comment

started / rotor

rear sets coming off for originals when i get back from holiday, will fix starter , is there a special tool for removal of rotor or is it simple enough?

Comment

Here you go:
                  This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.

Did you get that fuel tap sorted?
                  79 GS1000S
                  79 GS1000S (another one)
                  80 GSX750
                  80 GS550
                  80 CB650 cafe racer
                  75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
                  75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

tank fuel tap

ended up with an 8mm plate bolted to tank, two holes drilled and milled to fit socket head screws (countersunk into plate) a right angled adaptor 1/4 NPT to hose fitting, screwed into plate after tapping out to 1/2 NPT, hose funs back to under seat where there is an 8mm ball valve to shut off fuel , still to mount valve on a plate but it all works, soldered a gauze tube to fitting which screws into plate in tank and have small in line fuel filter betwen tap and carbs.

Comment

should read 1/4 NPT tap into plate !!
                      ps thanks for assistance

Comment

Working...
                      X