No announcement yet.

GS1100G Cafe Racer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You sir have given me much inspiration for my shafty! Thanks for the detailed pictorial and stuff! I'm not even half as organized as that, so hopefully my project will turn out ok.

Any ideas on gauge set up yet?

Is that an OEM side stand? I cant seem to find one anywhere.

killer build dude!

Comment

Mate, any progress? You've been quiet for quite some time...
      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Crickets...

Comment

Hey guys,
          Yes I've been very quiet lately. Sorry bout that.
          It's been very very busy for me the past month. I promised the mrs this year that I'd get her a pergola for the outdoor area. So I've been building that. I've also been trying to get my car on the road. 1978 ZH Fairlane. Which should be ready this weekend! woot! Pics to follow.
          However, I have been working on the bike ever so slowly.

I got my 100 or so missing bolts, nuts, washers from america and I did all that fitting. Nothing exciting to report, just things that needed to be done.

I've been finishing up lose ends on the wiring, coz I did leave some things. Brakes, rear indicators, and the new R/R had to be modified.
          Cleaned up and painted the dash mount and fitted the dash, and im about 99% done with the wiring just gotta add the head light and run those cables.

Im going to start the bike this week so I'll put a vid up when that gets done.
          I'm back on the project 100% and hope to have it finished and ready for roadworthy in 2 weeks.

The Mount :

The Dash...

The modified R/R thanks to Duneage.

Comment

The new wire loom looks nice.
            You are going to mount it UNDER the frame rail like stock, right?

Daniel

Comment

Mate that's lookin' good! Nice bit of progress

Definitely want to see pic's of the Fairlane too of course!

Oh, and yes, what Daniel said, that harness has to go under the frame otherwise it's not gonna be happy with the tank...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                The new wire loom looks nice.
                You are going to mount it UNDER the frame rail like stock, right?

Daniel
                Yeah Ofcourse, its just thrown on at the moment so I can finish and test everything before I chuck it in some conduit.

Originally posted by pete
                Mate that's lookin' good! Nice bit of progress

Definitely want to see pic's of the Fairlane too of course!

Oh, and yes, what Daniel said, that harness has to go under the frame otherwise it's not gonna be happy with the tank...
                haha Yeah i'll get pics when I get her back.

Comment

I can't wait to see the bike finished. I have spent the last 45 minutes or so reading from the first post to the last. That's lookin real nice.

Comment

Thanks man.
                    It's gettin there...I have more progress to show but not just yet

Comment

Coming along very nicely, I really am liking that electronic cluster.
                      What you mean, we gotta wait??????? Spoiler.

Comment

Cheers!
                        Yeah i had to make sure it was neat and clean...was a PITA to be honest!!

Comment

So how long 'til you reckon she'll be done and on the road?

sigpic

Comment

Pete - I reckon another week, im at the annoying bit of the build where there is lots of little fiddly things that need to be finished off, but im knocking them off.

Worked on the bike till 2am last night, just didn't realise what the time was. I bought conduit to run the cable in from Supercheap. Glad I did actually. Looks very neat.

I forgot to wire up the front brake line....and I also forgot to run a cable for the headlight. SO I had to pull the harness out of the conduit and add 3 cables...fun!
                            I mounted the headlight, and indicators...

The brake line runs behind the light and sort of does an S bend, is that ok? or should the brake cable and the clutch cable both run infront of the headlight, never had a naked bike so Im unsure how it goes...pics anyone?

I bought a new switch, as I hated the stock factory one, looked ugly. I didnt realise that the old switch is setup to "always on" and the kill turns it "all off"....was playing with my multimeter for 30 mins scratching my head, as the new switch is "always off", and another cable activates the KILL. I had to pull it apart and resolder the switch to how I wanted it....got it going so all is good. Just spent alot of time on it! Took me 1 hour!
                            Looks nice.

Headlight mounted, and indicators. Tested all the switches and headlight and it works lovley. Very happy.
                            Now I just have to cable tie the conduit to my frame, and fit the rear end (rear fender, rear light and indicators) and then I will give it a turn over :O
                            I've been delaying the starting of the bike, My wife, friends and family always ask me when they see me "have you started it yet", to my same reply "No"...and then i get a funny look or a "Far out man, just start the damn thing". lol...bit of fear in there somewhere that i'll push the button and nothing will happen

Oh and as promised, I go the ZH back on saturday with a brand new 351 dropped in.
                            Runs and sounds beautiful, however, my feul consumption has gone through the roof. Its very very veyr very thirsty! :O
                            Running the engine in still so I have to take it easy, then after 1000kms i'll see how it runs....

Comment

thats going to be one good looking bike! I like your work...

the ford is sweet!

Comment

Cheers @drivera84.

Comment

Working...
                                X