GS1100G Cafe Racer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oohsam View Post
    This mod serves no purpose other than to look cool and provide me with some useful statistics on my oil pressure...

Loving your thread.

Ok, talk to me about this. I'm going to do this on my 850. Would love to be able to monitor my oil pressure. Did you get these separate or together? Where did you get them? Do you know what size the fitting is on the motor side?

Comment

Hey!
      Thanks man.
      Ok so its a total kit. Its hard to get a unit that displays pressure so low, as the GS's run low pressure.

The guy that sells them is on this forum somewhere, but I bought it on ebay! same guy...

here you go.
      It will fit your bike

I actually use it quite a bit to make sure i have enough pressure at idle and through various rpms. and u can see it easily while riding.

enjoy!

Comment

The above oil pressure gauge, where does this get installed, (yes I know on the engine) but more specifically, and can I do one on my 750 ? Not sure where to put it, or would I need to drill and tap a hole somewhere ?

EDIT - followed your link to the product, I think I understand now where it goes......Thanks
        Last edited by Guest; 01-16-2012, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Here is my write up
          Enjoy

This mod serves no purpose other than to look cool and provide me with some useful statistics on my oil pressure...

Its as easy as this.
          Remove this bolt..

Install this

Then adjust to your desired angle...

Lets hope there is oilpressure when it fires up again... :O

Comment

Thanks.....

Found a picture of my engine and I see now where it goes....this will be a nice little addition...

Comment

Hey!
              Thanks man.
              Ok so its a total kit. Its hard to get a unit that displays pressure so low, as the GS's run low pressure.

The guy that sells them is on this forum somewhere, but I bought it on ebay! same guy...

here you go.
              It will fit your bike

I actually use it quite a bit to make sure i have enough pressure at idle and through various rpms. and u can see it easily while riding.

enjoy!
              Great, thanks for your help. I'll be picking one up in the near future. That will be a sweet little addition.

Comment

Thats the one!

Comment

You are now talking to one Roadworthy GS1100g. The bloke was a laugh. Took 2 hours to get as we were gas-bagging for a long time.
                  There was even almost a fight with some bloke trying to scam the shop for a free tyre.
                  I had to grab the owner and walk him inside and tell the bloke to nick off and be on his bike. The owner thanked me for taking him away because he was firing up.

But all in all the roadworthy went well. Was a few items on the bike that needed attention, but they were not roadworthy items, stuff like adjust your clutch lever etc.

Rego booked in for Thursday

So happy.

Comment

You are now talking to one Roadworthy GS1100g.
                    nice one !
                    GS850GT

Comment

You are now talking to one Roadworthy GS1100g. The bloke was a laugh. Took 2 hours to get as we were gas-bagging for a long time.
                      There was even almost a fight with some bloke trying to scam the shop for a free tyre.
                      I had to grab the owner and walk him inside and tell the bloke to nick off and be on his bike. The owner thanked me for taking him away because he was firing up.

But all in all the roadworthy went well. Was a few items on the bike that needed attention, but they were not roadworthy items, stuff like adjust your clutch lever etc.

Rego booked in for Thursday

So happy.
                      Oh yeah!!! Don't it feel goooooood
                      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Good one Sam.
                        Just in time to bring it to the Island for the Classic on the long weekend.

Yes?
                        You know you want to.

Comment

hahhaahah thanks Leigh..

I'm actually going away that weekend...to phillip island with some mates! might take the bike and swing by!

Comment

Congrats on a first class build and the RWC, may you have many happy and safe miles on her.

Comment

Thanks flyboy
                              I did a few more hours work on her today improving bits and pieces. I"ll post some pics up its 3.30 am here and i have work soon! :O

Comment

Rode the GS into work today.
                                Was exciting to ride it for 1 hour straight. Damn these things vibrate alot! IM still shaking! hahaha

Need to adjust my handlebars down a little, they are a bit sore, my wrists that is.

Few things i noticed
                                when the bike is fully warmed up the oil pressure gauge at idle shows almost 0 PSI.
                                when i rev it, its goes up so its got pressure. Is this normal to run such low psi, of course the gauge could be inaccurate.

Also the temp is really hot, when moving its 75 degrees when stationary it goes up to 140-160. I know thats really hot, is it normal, i know its air cooled etc, but I was worried. Maybe im stressing over nothing.
                                never had a bike this old b4.

Comment

Working...
                                X