No announcement yet.

GS1100G Cafe Racer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There shouldn't be much of a reason it vibrates unless one of a couple of things is happening (that I know of)

Carbs aren't synched properly
    You've got some loose mounts some place (I did and retorqueing cleared it right up)

Glad to hear you got out though.
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Oh it snot vibration like crazy, just little vibrations, the stuff my R6 does not give me! lol.
      'I went over everything last night to ensure its all nice and tight.

I'll regover the carb sync, but I'm almost 100% they are perfect.
      The bike starts without even 1/2 a crank and feels so smooth.
      So much fun to ride!

Comment

internal wear on the engine will give you vibrations, too. havent ridden the R6 but a gs shouldnt really vibrate that much. original seat and the footrests are rubber mounted though. it helps.

if your oil level is ok then i wouldnt worry about the pressure at idle.
        Last edited by psyguy; 01-19-2012, 04:30 AM.
        GS850GT

Comment

Thanks Psy guy

Yeah I monitored it on the way home. It is a one hour ride, in a rather, lets say, "interesting" position...and it was like my first week of riding where I would feel like i was still on the bike afterwards.
          It may have been cuase by the exhaust baffle, but the vibration is very slight.

Comment

Glad to hear you got her out and about Feels good don't it? My trip to work is only about 20 minutes but it's still much better on the bike than the train
            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

hahah yeah man....I just went to a mates house and I took the GS.

Went to vicroads today got it rego'd, came home and made a number plate mount for it and mounted it up, also swung the handlebars down a notch as they were too high/far away ont he way to work, my wrists were aching...so much better now.
              Looks official with number plates now

Took off down the road, started sputtering and coughing and backfiring, and it was bogging down on the throttle, im like oh no, my carb issues are back...
              THen I realised, I was out of fuel, so flicked it to reserve and got to a petrol station! hahahaha...smooth sailing from there.

My choke is very sensitive, when I start her, slight variations of the choke really make a big difference to how high she idles when she's cold. I still dont know when I should be turning the choke down/off, becuase a few times i thought it was warm, i'd turn it off and it would die, other times it was fine, other times it wont even need a choke.
              I might re balance the carbs with the carbtune anyway just in case.
              Choke bodies may need a rebuild too.

But yes, I got home and my wife is like why the grin, I said, man that thing is fun to ride!
              I just love it, its so different and enjoyable.

I want to replace the clutch lever. I bought a cheap and nasty one, it has sharp square edges and is kiling my hands, and its very short so its much harder to pull in, my left hand is a bit aching atm.

But otherwise, FUN FUN FUNNNNNNNNNNNN

Comment

Yeah it's awesome ain't it? I love my GS

I was absolutely stoked this morning when I pressed the start button for the first time since last Friday and it didn't even seem to need to crank before she was running... love it! Didn't like the oil stains from the valve cover gasket weeping though... not happy Jan! Genuine one on the way from Boulevard so I can swap it out though...

Glad to hear she's running well mate, you'll get things like the 'bars and clutch lever adjusted right as you ride her more, and you'll love it more and more every time

sigpic

Comment

haha yeah, half a crank and mine fires up too, its so satisfying!

Yes, I have oil stans too. I already swapped out the clutch basket with OEM, no leaks now, and the stator cover is leaking too.
                  There is a little oil weeping from the head cover also, AND, get this...I dont have a rubber seal on my drain plug for my sump..YEP, few drops there too!
                  haha

U know, sometimes I look at it and I'm a bit beside myself, that I actually did that. I had no experience before I did this, knew nothing...very good for the ego!

Comment

Yeah I hear ya! First time for me as well and yes, so stoked that I actually accomplished it... couldn't have done it without the GSR of course but it's incredibly satisfying!

Oh, and you don't want a rubber washer for the sump plug, you want a crush washer

sigpic

Comment

ah yes, have plenty of those from my brake lines. Will check diamater!

Yes, with out GSR, i'd be still working out the wiring loom!

Comment

Originally posted by oohsam View Post
                        Took off down the road, started sputtering and coughing and backfiring, and it was bogging down on the throttle, im like oh no, my carb issues are back...
                        THen I realised, I was out of fuel, so flicked it to reserve and got to a petrol station! hahahaha...smooth sailing from there.
                        that's a classic! i still fall for it after years of trouble free riding.

My choke is very sensitive, when I start her, slight variations of the choke really make a big difference to how high she idles when she's cold. I still dont know when I should be turning the choke down/off, becuase a few times i thought it was warm, i'd turn it off and it would die, other times it was fine, other times it wont even need a choke.
                        your pods would be the culprit even if everything else is ok, i think. i spent hours on end tuning those carbs with pods and can't get it anywhere near as smooth as i had it with the airbox on. once it warms up a bit it's ok.
                        GS850GT

Comment

hahhaahah thanks Leigh..

I'm actually going away that weekend...to phillip island with some mates! might take the bike and swing by!
                          Read your PMs mate....

Comment

Just some Pics....
                            (Spilt fuel on the petrol tank and poured water over it...hence the puddle. lol)

Mounted rear light inside seat, removed rear fender....

Comment

Looking good!
                              Is that a supertrap exhaust?
                              if it is, or isnt, where did you get it?

Comment

Thanks! Still not finished needs a few things to clean it up. Yes its a super trap! I actually got it off a forum member on Netrider. Nice bloke! Ill ask him where he got it.

Comment

Working...
                                X