Are these the correct shorter cables?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are these the correct shorter cables?

Hey guys, Searched and found that many ppl are using shorter cables when using clubmans or clip ons.

I just bought a 1978 GS750E and am putting on clip ons and im sure the bike still has the original cables, the clutch is super stiff and the throttle isnt as smooth as I would like.

Found these part numbers...
    1000S (P/N 58200-49011) and throttle cable from a 550M (P/N 58300-47701)

I want to verify these will work on my bike.
    Thanks

You can continue to use the original cables if you reroute them around the opposide siide of the steering head from their original routing.

Comment

The clutch is really stiff, I think they are the original cables. So I want new ones to hopefully have a better clutch pull and to look nicer/cleaner.

Comment

Ok I think I have the throttle cable figured out, going with a 1983 1100S, it had VM carbs and shorter bars....

But Im not sure on the clutch cable...please someone help, I want to get these ordered today so I have them for the weekend.

Comment

I made a post months ago, and now It seems to have gone missing. I had the same problem when I converted to a USD front end and kept the clip-on bars. I ended up using a clutch cable from a 1980 GN400. It had the right ends and was about 3" shorter than the stock 80 750E cable. Some of the online parts stores will list the dimensions of the cables they sell. I measured the stock cable, figured how much shorter I needed the new cable to be, then went on the hunt.

Now, if you still can't find what your looking for......... Flander's Cables/ has all the goodies you need to build your own custom cables.

Comment

Thanks, I bought one for a 1979 GS1000...hope it works, if not gonna have to find something.

Comment

Working...
            X