New Color Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Color Again

So I painted it already once.. yellow and black. however the yellow's hardener was bad so it did not harden. Long story short... ended up doing a color change again and this is the new result.

Hope you guys like it. I tried to stay true to suzuki...

Now I have the pipes to do.. getting them powder coated.. will look good black under the lower cowl.

Then do the wheels. Not sure if I am going to do them gold or black.

Might want to do some searching here because I distinctly remember reading that pipes can't be powdercoated due to the heat issues. Every one was talking about ceramic coating or something of that sort
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

What is the chin spoiler off of?

Daniel

Comment

i believe it came off of an 83 gs750 es... but that was just the title.... not sure what it came off of before that...

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
          Might want to do some searching here because I distinctly remember reading that pipes can't be powdercoated due to the heat issues. Every one was talking about ceramic coating or something of that sort

then maybe a high temp flat black paint or something like that... what do you think?

Comment

I've got a can of VHT Exhaust paint sitting here waiting for me to put it on. Need to get the really high heat one.

But again, look at other options listed in the forum. I remember reading several over the last few months.

1981 GS550T - My First

Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die

Comment

That is what I was thinking.. the 3K degrees one maybe...

Comment

Your location says Atlanta but your neighborhood says OTP, maybe on the north side. ?

Nice job on the paint! It'll be time for me to re-spray my red bike before long.

/\/\ac - Formerly of Norcross.

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                  That may have been the case before but not anymore; both of my exhaustrs were powdercoated with a newer high temp powdercoat and have had no issues. I went with this because twice with ceramic coating I had chalking.

Edit: If you are going to powdercoat your exhaust you must remove the chrome first. I said I had no problems but what I meant was from chalking. We took a shot with my old Harris on my S to see if it would somehow hold up with the chrome but it did not. My powdercoater had a feeling it wouldn't but wanted to try it to find out. Ceramic coating will not adhere either. either. Here is what happened:

Last edited by Guest; 06-29-2011, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Macmatic View Post
                    Your location says Atlanta but your neighborhood says OTP, maybe on the north side. ?

Nice job on the paint! It'll be time for me to re-spray my red bike before long.

/\/\ac - Formerly of Norcross.
                    Yeah, I live in lawrenceville. Gwinnett County.
                    Where are you at?

Comment

Originally posted by russr33 View Post
                      That may have been the case before but not anymore; both of my exhaustrs were powdercoated with a newer high temp powdercoat and have had no issues. I went with this because twice with ceramic coating I had chalking.

Edit: If you are going to powdercoat your exhaust you must remove the chrome first. I said I had no problems but what I meant was from chalking. We took a shot with my old Harris on my S to see if it would somehow hold up with the chrome but it did not. My powdercoater had a feeling it wouldn't but wanted to try it to find out. Ceramic coating will not adhere either. either. Here is what happened:
                      So would painting them with exhaust or hightemp engine paint (flat black) work just as well?

Comment

Originally posted by trinitysj View Post
                        So would painting them with exhaust or hightemp engine paint (flat black) work just as well?
                        Those will work fine as long as you remove the chrome. If you do not they will fail.

Comment

How did you remove the chrome?

1981 GS550T - My First

Comment

Originally posted by trinitysj View Post
                            Yeah, I live in lawrenceville. Gwinnett County.
                            Where are you at?
                            I live in NY now, I moved a couple of years ago from near exit 101 on 85N. I may be taking a trip down there with the bike later this summer, I'll check in and see if you're up for a ride if I do.

/\/\ac

Comment

Originally posted by Macmatic View Post
                              I live in NY now, I moved a couple of years ago from near exit 101 on 85N. I may be taking a trip down there with the bike later this summer, I'll check in and see if you're up for a ride if I do.

/\/\ac
                              Yeah do that.. That would be cool to meet someone off of this forum in person...

Comment

Working...
                              X