Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NewbiePig

Hey! I love this site!

I didn't realize how much I loved this old bike until your stories reminded me.
    I guess I'll go by PorkyPig, I'm finally getting good @ emails but am basically old and tech illiterate.
    I have become in need of motorized transportation and felt that any $'s possible were needed. But, the more I look at my old 'friend' I think that I just can't let him go. Just too many memories.
    So I think I will take it off craigslist and bring it back to life myself, with the help of other GS faithful.
    Any and all rebuild advice is greatly appreciated. (I'll read here as much as I can, but my online time is limited so just consider me (mechanically) completely new (I'm not, but it's been a long time and I need a beginners approach to remind me of all that I forgot.)
    Look for 1978 Suzuki GS1000E (Black Hawk CO) on craigslist - 6/30
    I put my only pics on this ) and (gsresources) site somewhere, but like I said, I am mostly illiterate, computer-wise anyway, and I'm not sure where to find them now...

So... sorry if I ask old questions, but like I just said, I just got here, I'm reading as fast as I can, eh?

Can anyone explain a "thread"? I think I get it, but am not sure.
    Anyway, since I'm wanting to see if my old beast even runs I need a battery, any suggestions on where to get a good one? Low budget but not crap?

PorkyPig

Hi there Porkypig.

Your photos are in your photo album in your profile (click on your name to go to your profile page)

Nice bike.

You are doing the right thing

Comment

Welcome. What part of Colorado are you? I'm down here in Yoder while there are others in the Colorado Springs and Denver areas
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I'm up above Black Hawk, CO, almost at 10,000ft.

Comment

Working...
        X