Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let Me Introduce My bike/self (1980 gs750 build)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let Me Introduce My bike/self (1980 gs750 build)

I have not formally introduced myself as a noob on the forum so here i am. My Name is Tony living in Texas and after searching i found a project bike and a bike for my wife to learn on. This is the first GS that i have ridden and after only having it running for 1 day i already love it. I fell in love with the look when surfing this forum.

Its a 1980 gs750e and unlike some of you i love the square headlight! it has 30k

Here is a list of the work i did
    • Rebuild/Polished Carbs
    • Rebuild Master Cylinder
    • Complete brake system strip down flush/clean/Inspect
    • Valve Adjustment
    • New Rear Tire
    • superBike Handlebars
    • Polished Motor/Tranny, Forks & Master Cylinder Cover
    • Repainted Black With Gunmetal Grey

Items i have yet to do
    • Rebuild front forks (springs and seals purchased)
    • Custom Seat

Blockheads

Looking good..... from one "blockhead" to another.

Nice, tasteful polishing work too.
    sigpic
    1981 Suzuki GS750E (one owner), 1982 Suzuki GS750T (my "tinker" toy), Previous (First) Bike: 1979 GS425 (long gone)
    2002 Suzuki Bandit 1200S (new to me in 11/2011)

Comment

Welcome to the board
      Square headlights are the gingers of the jeep world as well
      All I can say is....

Its hip to be square!

Comment

grats

Welcome to the forums I also have a 80 750E, And I also LOVE it. I just bought it for cheap transpo to work and back, got it cheap. I never thought I would like it so much. I have owned many bikes but this one just fits me and handles perfect for me. Thanks to this forum she is purring like a kitten I'm happy for you man, and hope you enjoy many safe miles on her.

Jerry

P.S. I don't hate the square headlight but I love the vetter fairing mine came with so I am sticking with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Souske View Post
          Welcome to the board
          Square headlights are the gingers of the jeep world as well
          All I can say is....

Its hip to be square!
          Yeah?Try having a 85 EF.Got my skunk project and fell more like GSR peep.

Comment

Nice paint job! If that's a rattle can job how did you get it to shine like that?

It looks cool without the front fender but I think it serves as a brace for the fork as well.

Nice polish work too.

Comment

i have the front fender.... just forgot to put it on for the picture...

also no its not rattle can. I found a guy that did the whole bike for 170$ on craigslist. he used left over paint front his high end custom bikes. 3 coats color.. 3 coats clear... looks great. I especially love the strip on the tank and tail..

Comment

Working...
              X