The "Scraps Racer" project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "Scraps Racer" project

A few months ago I bought -85 GSX 1100 EF from Sweden. First I think to take only the engine and sell the rest,
    but then... ;D
    I have a lot of parts from my former projects, most of them are used and some are new. So itīll be a new project bike.

Iīm going to make it look like sort of a cafe racer, but more like the Wrench Monkees style.
    Iīm going to keep it as simple as possible (if itīs possible to me????) and as cheap as possible.
    The engine is good and does not need anything else, but some fine tuning. Itīs a 100 hp modell and ridden 60800 km.
    It runs without any mechanical noises and donīt burn oil.

Iīm going to change the front end to -99 GSXR 600 front end, made new mufflers, made the fuel tank and rear "cowling" from
    aluminium as well as the seat.

Today was the day 1 with the project.

The starting point:

After first day:

subscribed!

Comment

To get the seat line better and more "air" between the sub frame and rear wheel I lift the sub frame about 2".
      Same time it was easy to straighten the sub frame. It was about 9/16" off the center line!

Comment

Today I spending several hours to made the first part of the fuel tank.

Comment

Wow. I'm not entirely sure where this project is going, but anyone fabricating their own gas tank has my attention. Very cool project already!

Comment

Tank bottom done and started with top parts. It can take some hours and days and weeks and ...
            before the fuel tank is ready and polished :

Comment

holy cow that looks beautifull
              1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Blower,

I'd love for you to live in my neighborhood and teach me some of that "tin banging". Looking forward to the rest.

Charlie G
                sigpic
                83 GS1100g
                2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post
                  Wow. I'm not entirely sure where this project is going, but anyone fabricating their own gas tank has my attention. Very cool project already!
                  Word! I'll follow this one .

Blower, didn't you build a turbo GS a few years back?

EDIT: Oh yes you did!

Very nicely done! I need you in my garage lol.

Will be following with great interest.
                  Last edited by Guest; 08-02-2011, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flaming Chainsaws View Post
                    Word! I'll follow this one .

Blower, didn't you build a turbo GS a few years back?

EDIT: Oh yes you did!

Very nicely done! I need you in my garage lol.

Will be following with great interest.
                    If I'm not mistaken that is supercharged, not turbocharged. All the same, holy moley!

Comment

Originally posted by Adler View Post
                      If I'm not mistaken that is supercharged, not turbocharged. All the same, holy moley!
                      My mistake. Should have known better . Fuel injected and supercharged.

Comment

Originally posted by Flaming Chainsaws View Post
                        My mistake. Should have known better . Fuel injected and supercharged.

Yes, itīs fuel injected and supercharged. Thatīs why Iīm doing now a low-tech bike.
                        It should look when finished more like -60 - -70 cafe racer with some modern things.

The "Screamer" supercharged bike:

Comment

Man, the Screamer looks so awesome!

You guys build some of the sweetest bikes. I've seen Old Skool Suzuki .

Comment

what gauge aluminum are you making the tank out of? It looks like it will turn out amazing (like the screamer did)...

Comment

Originally posted by hotrods316 View Post
                              what gauge aluminum are you making the tank out of? It looks like it will turn out amazing (like the screamer did)...
                              2 mm "sea grade" aluminum. Itīs good to weld and it shines good when polished.
                              The Screamer tank is steel and painted with Ghost Chrome paint.

Comment

Working...
                              X