No announcement yet.

The "Scraps Racer" project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get the frame and some other parts painted with VHT satin black engine paint.

Modified sprocket cover:

Comment

Nice! I did the same and the color faded away pretty soon.
      Might I recommend clear coating it before the same happens to yours?
      Sure, it will look a little glossier but it won't go away...
      and become really dull.

It used to look like this:

Daniel
      Last edited by Guest; 01-16-2012, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
        Nice! I did the same and the color faded away pretty soon.
        Might I recommend clear coating it before the same happens to yours?
        Sure, it will look a little glossier but it won't go away...
        and become really dull.

Daniel

If the color fades away in some spots, it´s ok. I try to make this bike look like old, used
        cafe racer. Thats why for example, I´m not going to paint the engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Blower View Post
          If the color fades away in some spots, it´s ok. I try to make this bike look like old, used
          cafe racer. Thats why for example, I´m not going to paint the engine.
          That's funny. Trying for the old, used look. I got that in spades on my 84 Katana because it IS old and used! How about we trade? I could have saved you so much work!

Seriously though, this thing looks absolutely badazz! I LOVE that sexy tank!

Comment

Blower,
            Thanks for the update....keep them coming! Great build!

Comment

Nice design on the front sprocket cover!
              sigpic
              83 GS1100g
              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Blower, Don't leave us hanging. Can't wait to see progress.

Comment

Originally posted by DMorris View Post
                  Blower, Don't leave us hanging. Can't wait to see progress.
                  Be patient
                  It´s my on duty time onboard, but on next week I should have time with the
                  project.

Comment

Originally posted by Blower View Post
                    Be patient
                    It´s my on duty time onboard, but on next week I should have time with the
                    project.
                    OK, Pal. I'll cool my jets. But I can't wait to see what's next!

Comment

One thing I dont like is the electric job.

This bike should be as simple as possible and thats why the oem speedo-, rew counter-,
                      warnig lights shoe box size thing is disabled.
                      So I need to butcher about half away from wirng harness...

After two days (invisible work) the ignition, starter and charging systems are connected.
                      Thanks for relocating electric things to the rear end, I need to lengthen a bunch of
                      wires.
                      Now there are "only" lights & blinkers left to connect.

Comment

Are you keeping the blue pad on the seat as what we will see when it's done? If so can I recommend the pinstriping be that shade of blue too instead of the red? To me it would be a better look. I understand if you think the red would look better as it's your bike. GREAT metal work! Also, the oil cooler will do almost nothing the way you have it mounted as it gets no airflow there. Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
                          Are you keeping the blue pad on the seat as what we will see when it's done? If so can I recommend the pinstriping be that shade of blue too instead of the red? To me it would be a better look. I understand if you think the red would look better as it's your bike. GREAT metal work! Also, the oil cooler will do almost nothing the way you have it mounted as it gets no airflow there. Ray.
                          The seat would be cowered with black vinyl with one red stripe in it.
                          The oil cooler has scoops behind, which should help the airflow a bit. Anyway the engine is stock and I´m going to use Motul 5100 15W50 oil in it. Only exhaust and air filter are free flow type. By the way, do you think the 130 main jets are big enough for my set up?

Thanks for your comments! I´m a beginner with using the english wheel and planishing hammer, so the next parts should be better.

After this bike is finished I´m going to rebuild my supercharged bike. Top end overhaul with new exhaust valves. New fuel tank and some other modifications.

Comment

Every beginner should do so well......

Bump, bump.....

Comment

Bump......

Comment

After weekend I should have some time with the bike

Comment

Working...
                                X