Some assembly required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never noticed comments before.
    As for the Triumph, between 5-6,500 is the sweet spot in that engine.
    Torque peak occurs at 5,500.
    Some people don't know how to ride.

As for your comment at Yosemite, that is the '79 750E with a true 1100cc engine installed.

Daniel

Comment

Haha, I love it!
      Do you keep the 750 badges on it so if someone doesn't quite notice the size of the engine you can grab a handful of throttle and blow their mind as you leave them behind?
      My '79 GS850 had so much squirt in it that I'd leave my friends in their Ducati Monsters off the line and THEN hit the powerband. It was my first bike and I never got into the engine to see what had been done to it. Someone wrecked it(and me) at the same time. I just got another 850 and installed a Stage 3 Jet Kit and did the valve adjustment(which was WAY overdue) and it started right up on Thursday when I plugged the carbs in. I'm excited to see if I can tune it up and get it to where my first one was. I've got another '79 in the wings that I'll finish building when I'm done with this one. Someday I'll graduate to where you are and build 1000/1100/1150's. I love following your builds. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Of course it has easy to read GS750E emblems on the side covers.
        Andrews cams, 10.70:1 comp. ratio, 1.5mm larger intakes and 1mm larger exhaust valves, ported head,
        smooth-bore 29mm carbs, Yoshi head pipes into 3" mid pipe into 2.25" straight-through exhaust.
        Progressive suspension on both ends.
        Sissy bar and luggage rack.

It sure is one fun 750.
        Last edited by Guest; 12-16-2011, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Added the remaining 100ml of missing oil to the front forks now that I have the factory manual!
          All that I could find on-line was 424ml to fill them, the factory manual calls for 525ml!
          The 424 is exactly what came out of them also when I cleaned/changed the oil when I got it. So, I thought that was correct after looking it up on 3 different sites that gave the WRONG spec!
          Don't trust the internet!!!
          While I was at it, I also made some 5/8" spacers to help with the pre-load.
          Adjusted the pre-load on the rear Katana (?) spring and adjusted the damper and rebound adjustments.
          Went for a ride this evening with GSExpress. He was riding his '83 GS1100E tonight.
          Results: less dive in the front and smoother ride from the rear.

The '92 GSX1100G is now pretty much dialed in, for now.

Daniel

Comment

Working...
          X