gsxr1100 swap into 83 gs1100e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gsxr1100 swap into 83 gs1100e

i have a very nice 91 gsxr1100 that i cant ride because of a bad back and a 83 gs1100e that is also very nice,and i was wundering if i could put the entire usd front end and the complete rear end and of coarse the great motor from the gsxr into the gs and on a scale of 1 to 10 how difficult each project would be

gsxr

well i may or maynot be allot of help to you, the front end is it inverted?? i dont remeber, either way it will work, look into my project i have under prostreet, i beleive you can get the engine in, however new motormounts will have to be made, and exhaust is allot issue to deal with, rear end will fit butttt...allot work, once again look into my project, if you need anything feel free to pm me

Comment

Originally posted by bikerchris View Post
      i have a very nice 91 gsxr1100 that i cant ride because of a bad back and a 83 gs1100e that is also very nice,and i was wundering if i could put the entire usd front end and the complete rear end and of coarse the great motor from the gsxr into the gs and on a scale of 1 to 10 how difficult each project would be
      Before I did all that I would consider fightering the GSXR 1100. You would then have both bikes. I'm fightering a GSXR 1100G (86).

Comment

swap

what does fightering mean

Comment

Get some top mount bar clamps from something like a naked Sv , remove the clipons from the gsxr and put on some taller bars and enjoy.You will have to figure out where to drill but it is a pretty simple procedure to do . may have to get a longer clutch cable or hose if that has a hydraulic clutch , and possibly brake line and throttle cable , I did it on a 2000 GSXR750 and with superbike bars we were able to do it with only a throttle cable
          1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
          80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
          1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished :D
          83 gs750ed- first new purchase
          85 EX500- vintage track weapon
          1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
          “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
          If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

what does fightering mean
            I'm not sure how to best describe it, but check this site out.

Street fighters are usually stripped down sport bikes. A lot of them take a minimalist approach to their builds, I think this comes from most fighters being born of wrecked bikes.

Personally, I'd go with hijfisk's suggestion and adjust the riding position of the GSXR you have.

If you really want to though, you can put the front end from the GSXR on your GS, it's been done by many members here with great success. I think the smaller GSXR front ends are the better ones to use due to their length, but with a set of 954 drop triples you shouldn't lose too much in ride height with the 1100 forks.

The rear GSXR suspension could be grafted to the GS, but it's probably more work than it's worth. Same goes for the engine. Makenzie71 here on the forum stuffed an oil cooled 750 (I think) into a GS frame, and ran into several issues with the swap. He made it happen, but it took quite a bit of work.

Hope this helps

Comment

swap

well i realy like the gsxr but the other problem with me is the hi footpegs cut into my riding time my legs start to cramp up i am not so young anymore,i think it would be easier for me to sell them both and buy a bandit 1200.i also like the gs11 but its heavy and slow its all stock

Comment

Bet the GSXR would bring enough to get you close to the price of a Bandit. The GS can be easily modded if you want more speed.

Comment

well i realy like the gsxr but the other problem with me is the hi footpegs cut into my riding time my legs start to cramp up i am not so young anymore,i think it would be easier for me to sell them both and buy a bandit 1200.i also like the gs11 but its heavy and slow its all stock
                  Well that would be the easy way out, but you started your post by asking about trying to change suspension and a motor into another frame, which is not the easy way. Street fightering the gsxr was an easier alternative . You could make some custom rearsets for the GSXR that would move your foot rests to a more comfortable position.I would guess that it is all relevant untill you decide what you really want to do.
                  1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
                  80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
                  1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished :D
                  83 gs750ed- first new purchase
                  85 EX500- vintage track weapon
                  1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
                  “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
                  If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

swap

ya i thought about doing it up but it is orig and unmolested and in this shape you dont see very many anymore,i would rather it go to a guy who will keep it stock

Comment

swap

and no i started this post asking on a scale of 1 to 10 how hard each project would be and then from the replies i had i came to the conclusion that all of them are beyond my level because of my bad back.

Comment

Working...
                      X