Found: Connecticut Feral Kat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found: Connecticut Feral Kat

Look what I found hiding in someone's shed. It took $800 to coax it out but it followed me home. Supposedly, it hasn't run for over 5 years. Most of the pieces and bits are there and it showing 17k miles on it. It's going to take a lot of love and forgiveness to bring it back.

Nice find, Battleship.
    Looks like the coveted Bassani pipe.
    I think it is time to start looking in my neighbour sheds.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Where is my Kat?

Looks like a good score.

Comment

Keep us posted on your progress please.

Daniel

Comment

Battleship,

Congrats on the Kat. What exactly is it? That's a 750 seat and tail piece, but looks like an 82 frame and wheels (which would make it a 1000). Either way, it sounds like quite a score for $800 - wait til you go for your first ride - you should absolutely love it! Man - what an engine! (If it is an 82 with stock shocks, you'll want something less stiff for prolonged use in the future.)
          Scott
          1982 GS1000S #1 bought in 84, #2 gone, #3 in hibernation
          1983 GS1100ES #1 (bought in 03, July 09 BOM, 65k traded in 17), #2 New daily rider, #3 in hibernation
          1982 GS1100E Red #1 - Original owner, sold in 93, #2 (Red) sold in 20 to Andy B
          2018 Gold Wing Tour - new out of the crate :) 1st non-Suzuki in 38 years
          sigpic

Comment

Steve..knock on the door first and not at midnight with a flashlight..LOL He just proved you can pull of a perfect robbery in broad daylight.
            MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
            1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

What town in CT did you find that sweet ride?
              82 GS1100E
              five asses because it's far superior to having just four!
              Yes, I watched too much South Park!

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
                Steve..knock on the door first and not at midnight with a flashlight..LOL He just proved you can pull of a perfect robbery in broad daylight.
                Hahaha.
                Yeah, there was no mention of the balaclava or sawn-off in the sales deal.

Nice score Battleship.
                $800? Sheesh.
                This will take me a while to get over.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
                  I just got back from a dark of the night neighbourhood shed check...all i found was some of my own stuff. I think i need a bigger padlock.
                  2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by 5azzmonkey View Post
                    What town in CT did you find that sweet ride?

in a not so good looking neighborhood in Waterbury. He did have the title so I am pretty sure it wasn't liberated from someone.

Comment

Originally posted by gs scott View Post
                      Battleship,

Congrats on the Kat. What exactly is it? That's a 750 seat and tail piece, but looks like an 82 frame and wheels (which would make it a 1000). Either way, it sounds like quite a score for $800 - wait til you go for your first ride - you should absolutely love it! Man - what an engine! (If it is an 82 with stock shocks, you'll want something less stiff for prolonged use in the future.)

It is a '82 1000 but it has the 750 seat. He told me that the seat was not original. Looking at the foot pegs it appears that this bike may have fell over a time or two. I talked to the guy who I bought it from and he was very reluctant to let it go even though he needed the money to fix his truck. Talking to him, he said that when he did have it running (5 years ago) it appears that he liked to ring this bike out hard on monthly basis. It also sounded like he did not have the funds to keep it in shape so it just deteriorated over time.

I bought it without the hearing the engine run so I did assume some risk but for $800 I took the chance.
                      Last edited by Guest; 09-15-2011, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Battleship62 View Post
                        in a not so good looking neighborhood in Waterbury. He did have the title so I am pretty sure it wasn't liberated from someone.
                        LMAO --- I know what you mean!
                        82 GS1100E
                        five asses because it's far superior to having just four!
                        Yes, I watched too much South Park!

Comment

Originally posted by Battleship62 View Post
                          in a not so good looking neighborhood in Waterbury...
                          Huh?? There's a GOOD neighborhood in Waterbury? Oh, my mistake, "...not so good looking neighborhood..."! That's the Waterbury I know Hey, don't get me wrong, I'm not slagging the place... much

Nice score, that's going to make one heck of a nice looking ride!!
                          Last edited by Guest; 09-17-2011, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X