suzuki gs850 gn project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suzuki gs850 gn project

hi guys here is my dads GS project witch i found for sale in a yard for £270 i think with only 2 owners from new and was about to get scrapped. This is how he bought it.

there was a top end but in boxes. sadly rain had got into the botton end and was filled with water
    Last edited by Guest; 09-17-2011, 06:09 PM.

as you can see in the pictures the bike is not looking healthy at all. it was going to cost to much to get the engine repaired had to search for one but lucky for us we found one for £100 origional with the kick. Was a pain to fit as we didnt know witch side the engine had to go in but with some thinking and a coffee here is how it is now.

Comment

engine in and wired up. took a while to start as it was in a shed for a few years but she fired. had to drain the oil as there was way over the amount. The bike does need some tlc now. my dad is wanting a SEAT witch arnt easy to find, IGNITION a previous owner put a switch on the side panel and we can tell he didnt like spending money with what he has done to the bike.

Comment

rebuild those carbs with new o-rings and make sure to much oil wasn't because there was gas mixed with it. If so could be do to float needles in carbs. or petcock not working properly. terrylee

Comment

Nice find, for that kind of money, you can afford to put a bit into it.
          Looking a million percent better with the motor in already.
          I know about the seat, I need one for my GS1000G as well and they are not easy to come by.
          If you can get an original foam, copies of the original covers are easy enough to get, check for Pit Replica on Ebay, thier stuff is good quality, there is also a crowd in the UK that does them, I am guessing because you posted in £ that would be closer to home for you.
          Keep the updates coming, good bikes those 850's

Comment

Originally posted by terrylee View Post
            rebuild those carbs with new o-rings and make sure to much oil wasn't because there was gas mixed with it. If so could be do to float needles in carbs. or petcock not working properly. terrylee
            going to get some more carbs. these have been painted and had a nut a bolt holding bottoms on. took 20minutes to get them of and a jet is bent so searching for some carbs now

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
              Nice find, for that kind of money, you can afford to put a bit into it.
              Looking a million percent better with the motor in already.
              I know about the seat, I need one for my GS1000G as well and they are not easy to come by.
              If you can get an original foam, copies of the original covers are easy enough to get, check for Pit Replica on Ebay, thier stuff is good quality, there is also a crowd in the UK that does them, I am guessing because you posted in £ that would be closer to home for you.
              Keep the updates coming, good bikes those 850's
              cheers mate. I found a seat on ebay but missed it. it went for £10.50p. yes i am from the uk.

Comment

Have you tried?

or Tight fit seats tel: 01453 766137
                79 GS1000S
                79 GS1000S (another one)
                80 GSX750
                80 GS550
                80 CB650 cafe racer
                75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
                75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

no no il have a look through and check it out. cheers mate

Comment

well got the exhaust on but the back pipes have been welded or something so going to get some more. Got pics of the other 2 bikes to.

just needs a polish

getting tank painted soon

also wanting the standard light on the front

the clocks

Comment

Sorry for the bad quality had to use my camera on my phone.
                      Heres the 450

450 and fj1100

Comment

not updated for a while but no summer is here we can start making some progress. since last time i posted we have tried getting the bike to run right witch we are nearly there just need some points. heres some pictures. will get more when the bike is out of the shed.

also the rev counter doesnt work. we know why but the bit that makes it work on the head is broken. sorry forgot what it is called . heres a pic of the bit that works on the spare head and can they be removed?

Comment

Nice to see another update, with the warmer weather on the way, y9u should be able to get some good time in on it.
                          There is serious potential in that bike, keep at it, you are going to love it, once its done.
                          Looking forward to more updates.
                          Oh, that thing is called the Tachometer drive, or just Thaco drive.

P.S love the FJ <3

Comment

The tach drive should just pull out of your spare head. Get new seals for it before using it.
                            Where are you located that you have such a nice looking GS450 model?
                            I would LOVE to get one that looked like that!!!

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                              Nice to see another update, with the warmer weather on the way, y9u should be able to get some good time in on it.
                              There is serious potential in that bike, keep at it, you are going to love it, once its done.
                              Looking forward to more updates.
                              Oh, that thing is called the Tachometer drive, or just Thaco drive.

P.S love the FJ <3
                              thanks mate hopefully she should be running 100% soon. thanks the fj is a nice bike thank you

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                              The tach drive should just pull out of your spare head. Get new seals for it before using it.
                              Where are you located that you have such a nice looking GS450 model?
                              I would LOVE to get one that looked like that!!!

Eric
                              so what shall i do put a pair of pliers on the tach drive and pull it out?.
                              im located in england. the 450 sadly got sold on ebay and got imported to japan by the new buyer

edit: heres a 450 the same but not as clean as the one in the pic http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUZUKI-GS4...ht_6092wt_1185
                              Last edited by Guest; 04-06-2012, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X