No announcement yet.

77' 750 Skunk Build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm, alright. I'll just run the re-jetted VM26's probably until the motor is broke in and then slap the pumps on and see how it runs. If that doesnt work do you think removing the pump and running them without it would be an option?

Comment

It will run alright with the pumpers..just that theres not really any super awesome advantage to them. I mean unless your really cracking the throttle like a maniac thru the gears then theres not much real effect from any extra pumping of gas by them thats all I am saying.
      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

ahhh ok, that makes me feel a lot better. Cant wait to get this bike rolling and see what a difference those pistons make.

Comment

Here is the steering damper and bracket welded up

The oil cooler will mount just below it and should be in today as well.

Comment

Alright, so I have an 81' 1100 swing arm mounted, with a 4.5" gsxr 750 rim. Do I center the tire in the swing arm? or do I align the rear tire to the front? I did a search but couldn't find anyone doing a 750/1100 swing arm swap with 4.5" rims.

Comment

Originally posted by exploited789 View Post
              Has anyone had any luck with running vm28's? Let alone ones with an accel pump?
              My buddy Jim has them on his KZ1000ST. You need to shut down the pump when tuning/plug chops or it will cause you more trouble.

Comment

Thank you for the info CafeKid. Would I just back off the actuator arm so it doesn't engage the pump?

Comment

Working...
                X