Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side Winder Exhaust

rAlrighty, so i have an 82 GS1100G...

its been modified a bit but please don't hate me...

the bike has been lowered and I'm having some issues with the factory exhaust scraping occasionally on hard rights and big bumps... makes me cringe... > >

so, i was looking into the Vance & Hines "sidewinder" exhaust to solve my dilemma... i like the way it looks, I've already got a stage 3 Dyna in, and well, I've seen some video's and it sounds pretty beastly as well...

the only things i am concerned about are the required modifications to the brake and footrest assembly... footrest- I'm sure i could figure out on my own... when it comes to tampering with the brakes on the other hand, i would like some advice before just diving in there... i don't have a welder, so if it requires one, i may be looking for another solution to my problem, but maybe not, Ive needed a welder now for some time, this may just be my excuse to get one...

let me know if you think this will work, and if you don't think so, any recommendations? and i REALLY don't wanna have to raise the bike up, i love the way it looks and trying to do so would also be a lot of work, and a huge pain in my arse...

here are a couple different links to the pipes I'm looking at...

今までの生活を維持する為に副収入が本格的に必要だと。これも真剣に考えだした人は多いはずです。失敗せずに安定した副収入があったのなら、最高だとは思いませんか?自分が先乗り投資法を始めてから変わったことがありました。少なくとも自分にとっては良い変化だと思います。その変化を先にお話していこうかと思います。

Last edited by Guest; 10-15-2011, 02:12 AM.

here's the exhaust....as you can see it sits way too low for the bike ... and i realize its junk, and i realize it needs replaced, so please don't judge me too harshly ... it seems though, that the V&H will run through right where the foot peg lower bolt goes into the frame...

Comment

I run a sidewinder on my 80 1100 w/bandit/gsxr mods so the bike is lower than stock. The pipe still hits on tight right turns such as turning quickly into a driveway. Not sure that a sidewinder will prevent scraping.
      80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

well, at the moment my bike isnt even rideable... it only has about 1 - 1.5 inches of clearance on the exhaust. whenever i go over a bump, pull into a driveway, or make ANY right turn it scrapes... i just lowered the bike too low...

it needs a new exhaust anyway and i love the look of the side winder... im gunna go ahead and get one and see how it turns out. since you have one on your bike you are the perfect person to ask...

what all did you have to do to the brake and foot pegs? can u simply buy parts off of a different bike? do they make kits to accomodate the exhaust? or is this something that needs to be fabricated?

Thanks!
        Sincerely,
        ~Nate

Comment

Here's a pic.

You can see that I used rear sets from a gsxr & made adapter plates so that brake clearance was no problem. It wasn't hard to do & I love the looks.
          80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

Working...
          X