Gs550m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs550m

Hi, just got a 1983 GS550M, my first bike for many years ! In a bit of a state so totally stripping it down at the mo, found this page and thought I'd join !!

You certainly found the place for all things GS. The 550M is a cool bike. Everyone will be asking for pics so be ready.

Comment

i already have some pics ! how do i post them here ?

Comment

Originally posted by snotty View Post
        Hi, just got a 1983 GS550M, my first bike for many years ! In a bit of a state so totally stripping it down at the mo, found this page and thought I'd join !!
        I think yours is the third or fourth 550M to show up on here in the last little while. I LOVE that bike. There's one here in Vancouver I've been drooling over for a while, and the owner is oblivious to it's value or even as to its heritage.

Congratulations on the pickup.
        '83 GS650G
        '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

i already have some pics ! how do i post them here ?
          You have to have them somewhere like photobucket or imageshack. You copy the image location then click on the box with the mountains above the dialogue area where you type your meassage. Paste the image location into the box that pops up when you click on the mountain scene.

Comment

When in Photobucket you'll see an image link for the picture (last one when you mouse over it), copy that link and then just paste it in your post. You don't need to do much else.
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

why is my pic sooooo big !!!! ?????? anyway this was the state of it when i got it last week !!! gs550m 1983
              Last edited by Guest; 10-21-2011, 03:52 PM.

Comment

gs550m

then it turned into this !!!

Comment

then into this !!!

Comment

and after a long day of grinding the frame now looks like this !!

Comment

can i shrink my pics coz they look wayyy to big to me ?

Comment

and after a long day of grinding the frame now looks like this !!
                        I guess it was a slow day in Notts?
                        '83 GS650G
                        '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Welcome to the nut house, she does look a bit rough, but seems to be all there and a good solid base to build from, this is going to be a good build, I am in for the ride.
                          I know about stripping the frame, dong mine nearly drove me to distraction, but it is all worth it in the end, keep it up and you will have a really sweet looking ride.

I just open my pics in micrsoft picture manager and resize them to 'web large' and save them on the pc before I upload them, brings them down to a nice size, 640x480 I think and drops the file size drastically as well, so much easier and faster to upload, you can see them in my build thread in my signature.
                          Looking forward to updates.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                            I just open my pics in micrsoft picture manager and resize them to 'web large' and save them on the pc before I upload them, brings them down to a nice size, 640x480 I think and drops the file size drastically as well, so much easier and faster to upload, you can see them in my build thread in my signature.
                            I found the advanced settings in Photobucket that will re-size every picture I upload to them to be 800x600.

I don't have to do anything special on my camera or computer, I keep my large files intact. (Camera shoots 2816x2112.)

sigpic
                            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                            Family Portrait
                            Siblings and Spouses
                            Mom's first ride
                            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
                            X