• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making great progress.

Daniel

Comment

Thanks....Guys.....

Now it's the finer stuff......LOL

Time to be nit picky, and I am really trying not to cut any corners, so I am only working a a little bit at a time now, so I can devote full attention to the item at hand.

There is no rushing things now....

Comment

Back together.....

Maybe I should do the bowls.....?

Comment

I think it looks sharp just the way it is. In MY opinion, if you do the bowls, you'll have to do the bodies as well, or you're going to have an odd-looking "missing" bit in amongst all the black (i.e. the carbs then become too conspicuous)...why don't you squirm them into place with the boots off one side to see how it looks to your eye?
          '83 GS650G
          '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
            I think it looks sharp just the way it is. In MY opinion, if you do the bowls, you'll have to do the bodies as well, or you're going to have an odd-looking "missing" bit in amongst all the black (i.e. the carbs then become too conspicuous)...why don't you squirm them into place with the boots off one side to see how it looks to your eye?
            Agreed. They look just right. The bowls will just make it look like a half-assed job; but this way they look like you intended the black to highlight the aluminum of the bodies and bowls.

Comment

Done deal......

They stay the way they are, I started looking at them some more, and you guys are right, it would seem as if the middle was left out, if I do the top and bottom.....

Well for now, they stay as is...

Thanks again for the input....

Cheers

time to bench sync them, and wait for the rest of the bike to be put back together, before they can go back in....off to the shelf with them....

Comment

You're making great progress there Gatekeeper, it's looking really good!

Comment

this is the average temp in the garage during the winter - 22 degree Celsius = 71.6 degree Fahrenheit, more or less the same as the rest of the house
                  Lucky...

Sci85
                  1982 GS550M Rebuilt Winter '12 - 550 to 673cc engine conversion.
                  1989 Kawasaki ZX-7 Ninja
                  2016 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle

Comment

Great (re)build! Keep it up.

I've been following along closely since it looks like you're a few weeks ahead of me.

Comment

Just one thing tonight, about 20 minutes on the wire wheel, and some paint stripper, and it's ready for a new coat of paint....

Comment

Ooooohhhh thats purdy, I'd be tempted to take it to a buffing wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
                          Ooooohhhh thats purdy, I'd be tempted to take it to a buffing wheel.
                          If you keep it stock it's under a cover.

Comment

That's what I get for not going back and looking at the application...

Comment

Yes, that's unfortunate it's covered, maybe leave the cover off ? still really can't see a whole lot it anyways....

Comment

SS Brake Lines Have Arrived

Well, they came in, my new set of SS Brake Lines from Rennsport - http://www.rennsportautoparts.com/

I actually took all my old lines to their shop, and left them there for them to replicate me a new set out of SS, and in a few days it was all done, and even shipped back to me, I really didn't like the 45 minute drive out to them, so I asked they courier the set back to me instead, and include my old parts as well.

I can't really say anything other than they look good and solid, clear tuning feels like good material, the banjos seem to be done right, heck they even duplicated the small bends, just like on the original lines. A whole new set of crush washers and banjo bolts were also included in the kit.....they missed a couple of double ones, but that's OK, I will reuse the old ones.

I see no issues in this set, seems like they will work very well, and will look killer on the bike....it will be a while before they go on the bike, and I can actually test them out, but hopefully they won't leak, and they shouldn't the crimps look very well done.

as always, here are a few pictures...

what they came in

all matched up

and some close ups

and all in one box, for future installation

Last edited by Guest; 12-10-2011, 01:55 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                                X