X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice...

Comment

In the SunShine......

Well we finally have a nice day, sunny, and bright, and somewhat warm.....

so I decided to take a few pics of my work, in some natural light, just to see if working all those hours in the dull grey days of winter are going to pay off...

Well I am happy, that is for sure.....

Ohhh the joy !!!!! I am feeling it for sure.....can't wait to have this all done, she is gonna be one heck of a sweet looking ride, well too she will, that's for sure......

Enjoy a small preview.........

crap, I should have thrown the carbs on......

Comment

GK,

1st- I know for a fact I have those bolts at ACE. Shoot me a PM with correct quantity of which and your address, I will get a price tomorrow. They will be closed on my way home today. I used M10X40 on my pegs. I used the black coat instead of stainless but I know they had the stainless too.

2nd- First time I noticed but are those stock Handle Bars- those look wicked. I would put them on mine if I had a pair.

Paul

Comment

So how many laps did you do sitting on it going "vroom vroom"????

Lookin' real good!

Isn't it incredibly satisfying to have a good roller again?
          1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
          1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck View Post
            GK,

1st- I know for a fact I have those bolts at ACE. Shoot me a PM with correct quantity of which and your address, I will get a price tomorrow. They will be closed on my way home today. I used M10X40 on my pegs. I used the black coat instead of stainless but I know they had the stainless too.

2nd- First time I noticed but are those stock Handle Bars- those look wicked. I would put them on mine if I had a pair.

Paul
            I will send you a PM, once I get to work this afternoon, well I start at 4 so just after that, heading out the door right now....

yes those are the stock bars as far as I know, that was on the bike when I got it, and I don't think the PO did anything to the bike

Originally posted by pete View Post
            So how many laps did you do sitting on it going "vroom vroom"????

Lookin' real good!

Isn't it incredibly satisfying to have a good roller again?

hahahaha,,,,,not a single one, well at least none outside, quietly took her back into the garage, and before I closed the door, a couple of vroom, vrooms and a few zoom zoom's as well.....

yup it's nice to get her rolling, and the shine makes it all worth while...
            Last edited by Guest; 03-11-2012, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
              hahahaha,,,,,not a single one, well at least none outside, quietly took her back into the garage, and before I closed the door, a couple of vroom, vrooms and a few zoom zoom's as well.....

yup it's nice to get her rolling, and the shine makes it all worth while...
              Hahahahaha at least none you'll admit to right?

I definitely found that to be a real kick in the pants boost when I got to that point on mine...
              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

GK, your attention to detail has really paid off, she is looking gorgeous, can't wait to see the finished product, threw the bars on Jennifer and did a few wheelies as well, today...

Comment

MC and levers

Well I needed to clean up the levers, clutch and brake, so the wire wheel did it's duty, at the same time the front Master Cylinder was looking like, well used and sort of, so the wire wheel hit it as well.....

I will do a bit more on the MC, but wasn't sure if I should continue....

so my question is do I leave them like this, or do I paint the items black ?

only 2 pictures, I figure that should be enough, or do I need to put them on the bike to really get a better idea ?

Comment

Gk, they cleaned up nice, I would be tempted to say leave them be, they would look wicked when polished, but I think it is a little too much bling for the style of an ES, black would suit it better, but satin black, not gloss.
                    Yust remember that the paint is going to wear off the leavers from use, leaving them looking....used.
                    Maybe paint the perches and polish the leavers only.

Comment

Hmmmmm

so do the perches and the MC, and leave the levers ?.....I have nothing in satin black on the bike, all is gloss, well except the oil cooler which is flat black

I should have included new levers in my order with Boulevard Suzuki....LOL

Maybe I will do a mock up, put the stuff sort of on the bike and take a few pics and see how it looks as well..

I didn't really shine up the items, more of a satin finish on everything, I really didn't want the full blown mirror finish, and I can dull them down a bit more if need be..

Comment

to paint or not to paint......

2 paint or not 2 paint, that is the question ....

so I couldn't decide, and so I stuck the items on the bars too see, and I still cannot decide.....

for those wondering as to what the heck I am talking about....it's the levers and perches and the Master Cylinder for the front brake.....polished or painted ?

Help.......

I should get new grips, just noticed the chunk missing out of the throttle side.......

Last edited by Guest; 03-13-2012, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Hmm, that is a conundrum GK. From one point, they look cool and different with the satin finish. But on the other hand, tradition and OEM say black. I guess it depends on where you want the focus to be. The Satin levers tend to draw my attention whereas black ones do not. Tough choice indeed but I don't think you can go wrong with either.
                          1982 GS550M Rebuilt Winter '12 - 550 to 673cc engine conversion.
                          1989 Kawasaki ZX-7 Ninja
                          2016 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle

Comment

maybe satin (natural aluminum) perches and MC, and paint the levers satin black ?

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

I'd be more partial to black MC and polished handles
                                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
                                X