No announcement yet.

1983_GS750E - Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got some AC\DC blasting" For those about to rock". Seems like a good anthem for you.

Rock on brother!

Spyug.

Comment

Way cool.....

But you know as I was painting the one and only song I heard on the radio was Hotel California.....it's the only one that stuck in my head....I am sure there were many others, I just wasn't paying attention...

Comment

unmasked

Couldn't sleep, so I had to do a bit of unmasking.......

Comment

Holy Smackies... That looks Awesome. Way to go GK. Just make sure you have no where for the Carbs to leak on it... cause it sure aint pretty.

Great Job.

Paul

Comment

Awesome job GK!
            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Very Nice! Great work..

Comment

I'm changing your song to "Sunglasses at Night", as you'd need them to look at that lump of bling. Hopefully it goes as well as it looks

Nearly there buddy.

Cheers,
                Spyug

Comment

Dang......it! Looks really good GK! That's something to be proud of. She's gonna look sweet. Love the polished covers on the black. Looks slick!

Comment

Thanks. Guys.....

Still have to paint the SUZUKI on that one cover, in black, NO red, don't have the paint...LOL

@Redneck, not worried so much about the gas,,,,,I am going to make this one run on WATER......hehehehehehe if only....

@Spyug,,,,,that's why I got the tinted visor........you should seen how hard it was to take pictures, the bounce back from the flash was killing me.....

Getting really close now, and a bit scary, I really hope to get the engine in without a whole lot of scarring of the frame and motor, I don't want to try and do any touch ups, with the gloss black it's a pain, any over spray and it goes to a matte finish, have that problem already on the engine but I'm not telling you guys where.

I just have to let it sit and cure, so this will not happen anytime soon, at least a week, which unfortunately means I will miss my target date of completion, but that's OK, still need tires, and tins painted, and something done with the exhaust....

Going to go and order new grips, and the throttle tube, the one for the 2004 Yamaha R1 as mentioned.

Bench sync the carbs, just to make sure, I actually should take them semi apart, I didn't note the numbers on the jets and what not, so I really don't know what the heck I have, oh ya and get brake fluid into the lines.....

lots still left, some minor some major, but it's getting there...

Comment

That looks so slick. Mine used to look like that. Thanks for creating more work for me. Now I MUST redo mine...
                      '83 GS 1100T
                      The Jet

sigpic
                      '95 GSXR 750w
                      The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

hey gk where does the battery negative terminal bolt to? frame, motor,?it doesnt say in the manual

Comment

nm it goes to the back of the motor/case 2nd bolt in from right

Comment

Originally posted by platinum2 View Post
                            hey gk where does the battery negative terminal bolt to? frame, motor,?it doesnt say in the manual
                            I never use that grounding point, too much weather and corrosion going on down there, I like to make/route a new cable directly to one of the starter mounting legs directly back to the neg post. I may use the original back of motor location to add a frame to engine ground.

Comment

You are correct, I think this is where it goes ? The one hole I forgot to cover up a bit, now I will have to clean it out and get rid of the paint, so it has a good ground.

Comment

That wire can go on any bolt to the engine. I used the one going into my sprocket cover. It was closer to the battery box. Just as long as the engine gets a good ground. IF you don't ground out the engine well your starter will not work, since it uses the engine block as its ground. Lets just say I am very familiar with this issue.

Paul

Comment

Working...
                                X