1983_GS750E - Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

precarious perch

Well both tires and rims are now off the bike, and it's sitting on some stands, and a bucket.......

Lets hope she don't fall over by the time I get the new rubber on, and them rims back in place....

I don't even want to breathe in the garage......

Comment

Man that's just one pretty bike GK, evenin it's current state. Once the new rubber is on, how much more till ride day?
      1982 GS550M Rebuilt Winter '12 - 550 to 673cc engine conversion.
      1989 Kawasaki ZX-7 Ninja
      2016 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle

Comment

Saturday

the rubber goes on in the morning, going to stop by sypug's place for lunch since he is just around the corner, then come home, put the rims back on, slap the tank on, the seat, and fire her up and take it at least around the block......

no current plate or insurance at the moment, so I can't go far....

then the tins will come off and be sent out for painting, will order my decals as well, and button it up hopefully in a week or so....

getting close and getting excited......

Comment

Expecting to hear good news tomorrow
          1982 GS550M Rebuilt Winter '12 - 550 to 673cc engine conversion.
          1989 Kawasaki ZX-7 Ninja
          2016 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle

Comment

Well if he's going to try and ride tomorrow I better keep him out of the lunchtime "joy juice".

Do you think he'd notice if I swapped wheels with him. See I figure I ply him full of booze and food, he takes an after lunch siesta and I do the ol switcheroo

By the time he figures it out I'll have sold the bike.....at least that's the plan.

I'll let you know how that works out. I'm looking forward to seeing those skins.

cheers,
            spyug

Comment

I am PI$$ED.....right about now......

the lead I had on getting this done, has not called me back to confirm, a few PM's, a text message to him, but no reply......

So unfortunately I am gong to a place out in TO, and hopefully they are not slammed with work, and I will be able to get this done and out of the way...

So spyug, your plan will not work at all, and I am out a lunch and some good boozing....within moderation, of course..

I hate flakes, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt, as I don't know the reason for his not getting back to me.

ohhhhh well

crap......

Comment

Well just got a text from this guy...2 in the morning....that we are good for Saturday at 11.....

I reply back, saying OK, and nothing back after that,,,,some real strange guy this one is...

ohhhh well, gonna give it a shot, and if all goes well, I'll be at your place spyug right after I am done getting the skins installed...

see ya at lunch....

Cheers

Comment

It was a good day.....

tires installed....

and lunch at spyug's was great...and the beer was nice and cold

Comment

Front tire installed

so here is the front

looking good

Comment

rear axle assembly

Well going to post this, as I lost myself on how all the parts went and in what order, so in case anyone ever needs to see how it goes.

Comment

new rear tire

and here is the rear tire on....

Last edited by Guest; 06-24-2012, 11:49 PM.

Comment

So close!!!!

Comment

Front_and_ Rear

And some glamor shots

Looking good

still need the chain on......LOL
                            Last edited by Guest; 06-24-2012, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Very spiffy GK! Now get her finished and riiiiiiide!
                              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Working...
                                X