No announcement yet.

1983_GS750E - Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am happy with it so far, everything has been cleaned up or polished or painted, most nuts,bolts,screws all have been changed, it's like a fresh start...LOL

I have no issues with the shock, had the seat on tonight and was actually bouncing up and down, seemed to be working very well, I thought I had also had some issue with the front shocks, but they are, from what I can tell working very well also.

I wish I had the funds, I would have powder coated everything I had painted black, but here it's very expensive, who knows, maybe next time I will do it....

she is going to look pretty once the tins are painted, decals go on, and the engine cranks over, and I ride off into the sunset...

soon, very soon

Comment

She is going to be a sweet ride for certain.
      The good year 750, sticky tires and a mono-shock rear...
      what's not to like?

Eric

Comment

got my rectifier on , working wooohoo
        all i can say is mine rips front wheel lifts up nicly with a crack of the throttle,and sounds great, i would like to paint mine but im limited at the moment, im happy to be riding again,and its smooth ,and fast as a new crotch rocket as well, it will do for me
        my blinkers quit working,again though im gonna need to get the right relay i guess, thanks to CHEF, RAY and all you other guys for info ect...
        i will get a new pic n video when i get the cowl and front fender done

Comment

Looks awesome GK.

Comment

Well just a quick update, of nothing much really....

I have taken the tins to the painter, should get them back in about 10 days or so....

He is going to put the nubs on properly, has some stuff called panel bond, that he uses, he will fill in the holes where the screws were, sand, prime, paint, clear coat, wet sand, and finally polish.....

All will be done in a pearl white, I will be ordering some decals, mostly in black...

If the painter sends me any pics of progress, I will be sure to post them up....

This is like counting down the days until Christmas or something like it....

It's a nice day, and a couple of shots before all the tins go back, the seat, and pipes......

Last edited by Guest; 07-01-2012, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post

I have taken the tins to the painter, should get them back in about 10 days or so....

He is going to put the nubs on properly, has some stuff called panel bond, that he uses, he will fill in the holes where the screws were, sand, prime, paint, clear coat, wet sand, and finally polish.....

All will be done in a pearl white, I will be ordering some decals, mostly in black...

If the painter sends me any pics of progress, I will be sure to post them up....

It's a nice day, and a couple of shots before all the tins go back, the seat, and pipes......
              Looking forward to those picks!
              It is going to look amazing!

Eric

Comment

Too clean! I'd be afraid to ride it, might get dirty

Really excited to see it with the tins on, pearl white will really set that thing off.

Comment

Looking very schmick GK!! Can't wait to see it with those tins freshly painted and back on
                  1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                  1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

caps

Well I got these caps tonight, from a member here on GSResources.....

Thanks.....Ram

so I am thinking I am going to use them instead of my black painted ones,,,however I do not know if caps are caps, is there a difference, in size, height, etc, will it mess up my carb sync that has already been done ? or can I just take off the black caps I have, and put these guys on instead, and I am not going to remove the carbs from where they are, just the caps....

any thoughts

After about 1/2 hour of polishing, this is what I have

they are to replace these black caps

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post

Looks all to familiar....

Comment

Lights

Well sitting around, not knowing what to do, I can't ride yet, no tins, so I was out and about yesterday and found some light, they are a bit big and there were some smaller ones, but they didn't have the blue light option, and when I got to the cash I was charged the same for these as the others so not a big loss, I think somehow the system messed up, at these should have been 20 bucks and not the 10 she charged me. Ohhhh well

So I took a bit of time and mounted them, did the wiring up quick, and took a few pictures, not really sure I like it, I sort of do, and I kinda don't.....maybe it will grow on me, however the blue does look kool, and the white output could potentially keep me visible a bit more during the day, and or night....

anyways here are a few pics...

I might go back and get the smaller ones, not really sure, these just might be a touch too big ?

Comment

Cool. How many K? Link to the source?
                          Have you tried wheeling the bike outside at night to see what good they are?
                          Got any pic's that resemble what they do on the road?
                          Too many questions?

Eric

Comment

How many K, don't know, but they are 12V, 55W, so a fair bit of light is thrown

Have not been outside with it yet, it was late last night when I put them on, and I was too tired to haul the bike in and out.

I will try to take some shots of them on and outside for sure...

I am just not sure if they are too big and out of place on the bike

They were purchased at Princess Auto, here in Canada, it's like a Harbor Freight for you guys south of the border

I like the blue, but I think it will get me trouble by the Cops, as the only blue you can have on a vehicle is when you are doing snow removal, and or a police vehicle....

Comment

Those lights look sweet.. Couple of days back, I saw a motorcycle (cruiser) equipped with a pulsating headlight (dim light to full light cycle). Are they legal?

Comment

The bike is looking great. One question, have you done any research on insuring a 30 year old bike here in Ontari-I-owe?

Comment

Working...
                                X