No announcement yet.

1983_GS750E - Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey GK, I had a chance to go through most of this thread last night. I got a kick out of what you said in the very first post, " Do I really need a full blown rebuild, or do I just clean her up, " . That's one hell of a clean up !! Congrats on the build, it came out beautiful !!

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
      Hey GK, I had a chance to go through most of this thread last night. I got a kick out of what you said in the very first post, " Do I really need a full blown rebuild, or do I just clean her up, " . That's one hell of a clean up !! Congrats on the build, it came out beautiful !!
      Thanks Slowhand.....

and the real kicker was, it actually all really started with wanting to show my son some mechanical skills, and all we were going to do was an oil change.....

it just kinda snowballed................

Comment

Decals are on.....

Well, I followed the consensus of the board members here and went with the small SUZUKI decal for the tank.....

Put them on, and it does look good.....I think

Comment

GK- It looks too clean...

Comment

Saving it, so I can take pictures and submit for BOM......lol

It's supposed to rain this weekend, maybe I can get it dirty.....

one side panel to get fixed, so it will attach, and I only need to plate and insure....

she will be on the road soon, this weekend for sure, maybe not legally but a test ride will be done, everything mechanically has been checked, even the 3 cotter pins I was missing have been put in place...

now I am getting nervous.......

Comment

Now that is how they should look when done, very impressed, 2 snaps up in a circle

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
                now I am getting nervous.......
                That one of us GSRs will come steal your bike?

In all seriousness though. I've seen some decent looking bikes in this form factor (I prefer the more classic naked look), but this is the first I'd throw down hard cash for. It's a gorgeous bike.

Comment

Why isn't it legal? Is it headed for a long showing in a motorcycle museum?

Comment

not legal for road riding yet, I have no valid sticker on my plate and no insurance on the bike.....to get sticker, I need to insure

a must have where I live....LOL

probably most places it's the same.....

I also have to go to the MTO office and have the title changed, it's now a white bike and not the original burgundy, so that has to be done as well....as these little things are again adding up....

so around the block a few times, before someone complains and sends the police around to get me......we have strange neighbors....

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
                      not legal for road riding yet, I have no valid sticker on my plate and no insurance on the bike.....to get sticker, I need to insure

a must have where I live....LOL

probably most places it's the same.....

I also have to go to the MTO office and have the title changed, it's now a white bike and not the original burgundy, so that has to be done as well....as these little things are again adding up....

so around the block a few times, before someone complains and sends the police around to get me......we have strange neighbors....

Why take that unnecessary risk? I wouldn't even go once around the block illegal. If it's exspensive now...get caught and it'll only get worse. I always get my insurance and tags BEFORE I start riding. For museum display- no tag or insurance is needed. For riding...it's a must. Stop worrying about the tiny details and FIX the big issue. Never assume it only happens to other guys...Just sayin'...What if?
                      Get your papers in order, then ride!

Comment

She looks great GK! Awesome

I did a once around the block on mine before roadworthy and registration just in case... I made it real quick though!
                        1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                        1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
                          She looks great GK! Awesome

I did a once around the block on mine before roadworthy and registration just in case... I made it real quick though!
                          We've all done it (a quick ride without papers)...but there's no money saved. It's just unnecessary risk. You know you'll be riding this bike. Do it right...insurance and then registration. The color change should be mentioned at registration. Then run the **** out of it!
                          Last edited by Guest; 08-03-2012, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Well, I live in a nice area, yes some of the neighbors are dinks, but they are everywhere, so I started up the bike, and went around the block, felt good, didn't get past 3rd, but hit about 60km, brakes work, gearing works, sounds great, and it actually felt really good getting back in the saddle.

At this point I now have confidence in getting the bike plated, insured, and try to enjoy the rest of the days left riding......

wooo hoooo

Comment

All Done.....

Well I am calling it quits, I believe this project is done, and I would like to wrap up this thread, with a few pictures that I took tonight.

It's bee fun, it's been a great time, met a lot of people during this build and even established a new friend (Spyug) he is not too far away, but we have been in touch a few times, and have become good buddies, I like that this build brought to me more than just a bike, it also brought me a new friend, and a lot more friends here on this Worl Wide Web, and this great forum.....many Thanks to you all, for the help, encouragement, guidance, tips and tricks and even the odd kick in the pants to keep it going.....

There are but a few minor details left, but she is complete and road worthy, the trip show 1.4 Km good enough to tell me she goes, and hopefully will not let me down, well at least not for a few miles and days....

I will see if I can take a few more pictures in different settings and places, but these are where it all started back in November, so it's fitting to finish up here....

These are a bit larger than all the others, and some fun pics as well...

Hope you all enjoy.....

Cheers

DAn

I will add a video in here as well, once I get it uploaded.....

Comment

Where is the "LIKE" button!

Incredible!

Comment

Working...
                                X