1983_GS750E - Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roger P. View Post
    The bike is looking great. One question, have you done any research on insuring a 30 year old bike here in Ontari-I-owe?
    Thanks

Have not done any research, but my Insurance agent knows about the bike, knows I am doing the restore, and knows I will be insuring it, he has not said no so far....LOL

Originally posted by ram View Post
    Those lights look sweet.. Couple of days back, I saw a motorcycle (cruiser) equipped with a pulsating headlight (dim light to full light cycle). Are they legal?
    about the pulsating headlight I don't know, but last night I saw a cruizer with pulsating tailight, blinked fast about 3-4 times then went to a solid, really got your attention...

Comment

ignition cover

Well I finally got it on and now it's complete

I got a cover from SVSooke, it is the wrong one but I decided to make it work and not have that open hole, so a bit of Tech Steel, from Spyug, and 15 minutes latter it was done...I didn't take pics, but you just knead the tech steel stuff, I then wrapped it around the white column and pressed on the cover and that's it.....

Still waiting on my tins......
      Last edited by Guest; 07-09-2012, 08:21 PM.

Comment

I can't stand to wait another day...take it out for a test ride!

Comment

Originally posted by surviverguy View Post
          I can't stand to wait another day...take it out for a test ride!
          I can't......

no tank,,,,,LOL

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
            I can't......

no tank,,,,,LOL
            No tank?

Comment

Thanks

Have not done any research, but my Insurance agent knows about the bike, knows I am doing the restore, and knows I will be insuring it, he has not said no so far....LOL
              That's good. Ask if you are going to be stuck with a vintage policy that restricts you to 3000km a year, and riding only to and from bike shows. If you can get a "regular" policy for a daily driver, please let me know who he is, I might want to have a chat.

Comment

No tank?
                All the tins have gone out for painting.........

front fender, front cowl, gas tank, side panels, rear cowl, all are going to come back pearl white......

Hopefully I get everything back by the end of this week.....

Comment

Originally posted by Roger P. View Post
                  That's good. Ask if you are going to be stuck with a vintage policy that restricts you to 3000km a year, and riding only to and from bike shows. If you can get a "regular" policy for a daily driver, please let me know who he is, I might want to have a chat.
                  we don't have vintage policy, I can ask when I talk to him to see if he can do anything for you, it will be his call

Comment

All the tins have gone out for painting.........

front fender, front cowl, gas tank, side panels, rear cowl, all are going to come back pearl white......

Hopefully I get everything back by the end of this week.....

Looking forward to this...

Comment

So am I......

I just hope the guy don't mess it all up and I end up with crap, and egg on my face...

When I dropped off the stuff, I did see a car in the booth he was doing, and 2 more outside that were done by him, so I will be optimistic that it will turn out at least half decent.....the cars looked very good, one was even a two tone, all silver except the hood, roof and trunk, those were done in a high gloss black, they were half done on wet sanding, getting it ready for buffing...

worse case scenario,,,,going to grab a roll of vinyl in carbon fibre and go to town...LOL

Comment

stickers

So today I got a surprise in the mail.....After I got my new tires for the bike, I was wondering where I could get some stickers, so I send an email to Pirelli asking where to get them, I even include my name and address, and I forget all about this as I don't hear back from them, but to my surprise in the mail box today were these..

how nice of them, I was hoping for some smaller ones actually and perhaps ones that I could have used to stick on the rims, but none the less, it's still nice of them to send me these.....

Now where to put them.....

Comment

They might look good on those freshly painted white tins?

Comment

They might look good on those freshly painted white tins?
                            Only if the job is the $hit's.......

Comment

Header Wrap

Well, I did it.....I know, I know, some like it some don't, but the dings were driving me nuts, I couldn't get them out, even with the steel ball on the rod, and I wasn't about to make it worse, like put a hole in the pipes, cerama kote is not an option, so this is next best thing for me....

I did mess up a little bit, and might have to do one over, or just a bit of wrap in one spot somehow, but when you get going 50 feet really is not a whole lot.....

so a few pics.....

and the wrap is black, and will get darker once I spray on the crap they tell you to put on, so it will not be as noticeable.....

I know I am going to catch some flak from the ones that don't like the wrap. but hey......what can you do....

Last edited by Guest; 07-10-2012, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Here catch this........................flak.................. ..........splat!

Really not that bad, but we should try and find you a good set. Mind you I've yet to see a 750 with a good set. They always seem to catch some dings. Mine had some too.

Well I'll keep my eyeballs peeled.

Come to think of it have you ever been up to Zdeno in Kitchener, I'll bet they have a set or two. Might be worth a visit some day. Its well worth seeing even if they don't have any. Roadtrip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers,
                                Yur bud.

Comment

Working...
                                X