X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"You're killing me Smalls!"

Comment

painted fuse cover

Well nothing yet on the tins, so I decided to do some painting of my own...

used the PlastiDip paint on the fuse panel cover, went from the original white to the black....

maybe news on the tins tomorrow....

Comment

tins sanded and primed

Well.......

I finally got some pictures from the painter guy, I am happy.....

Seem to be taken by a phone camera, not the best quality, but it's more than I have had since I gave them to him to do....

I think my tins are going to turn out really well, seems he is doing all the right stuff, and so far I like what I see, even though the pics are not the best, I can see a great job in the end...

so the pics were small, I then enlarged them a bit, and now I have uploaded them, so not the best, but hey it's all I have...

comments or concerns are welcome...

off with the old....

nubs installed on correctly, using some panel bond stuff he talked about...

no more screws on this side.....woooohooooooo

all lined up and ready for paint, I guess

this is good....

loving it, even if it's only the primer.....

I just might have to bring the guy some beer as well..........................

Last edited by Guest; 07-18-2012, 02:54 PM.

Comment

I just might have to bring the guy some beer as well..........................
          If you're doling out beer remember us poor unfortunates in the Hammer.

Finally, some progress. Any hint at an ETA? If he shot those today, I'd be thinking Friday or Saturday worst case, wouldn't you say? Damn, maybe you should start a new trend and go "primer"

Not long now old son.

spyug

Comment

had a brief email conversation with him, maybe Friday, maybe Saturday, but he would not commit to anything, so I just have to sit and wait now....

but at least I can see there is work being done......that is a plus

beer for all those that meet me at the painters, no problem.....LOL

now if I went and bobbed the bike, and did a flat black on everything, the primer look might be a good way to go.......heheheheheh

NO Thanks......

yes the end is near.........

Comment

just wanted to give a heads up on the headers (sorry didn't realize the pun).

that wrap smells terrible once it gets warmed up.

you probably already know this but it smokes a little and smells something fierce. all those things people describe the smell as? combine all of them and double it.

hope your tins turn out well!

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on the header wrap smell, I will assume it will go away over time, or at least after a few heat and cool cycles...

the tins better turn out good, or I am gong to be really bummed out....

Comment

waiting game

Well some not so good news this morning.....it will seem I am going to lose another week............

hey xxxxx, good news bad news, good news is the parts are ready for paint, bad news is I need to fly out to NS tomorrow for family. i will return on monday and get on the parts right away, the shop will be open tomorrow without me and I will have the staff get your parts set up in the booth for me when I return, hopefully you understand, -TJ
                  Ohhhh well, nothing I can do but wait, as do the rest of you....LOL

Here goes another week.....of waiting....

hey spyug, seems we are both not riding for a bit......bummer

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
                    Well some not so good news this morning.....it will seem I am going to lose another week............

Ohhhh well, nothing I can do but wait, as do the rest of you....LOL

Here goes another week.....of waiting....

hey spyug, seems we are both not riding for a bit......bummer
                    Bummer! Hopefully it will be worth the wait though!

Comment

Good. I'm out all next week as well. Was afraid I might miss the grand unveiling.

Comment

thanks for documenting this process. I recently acquired a mummified 750es and you have given me some ideas. Though it will not ever be a full restore like yours.
                        May have to order that bolt kit you bought for peace of mind in the rust belt i live in.
                        1984 GS550ES
                        Rebuild in progress....

1983 GS750ES
                        4700 miles

1978 GS1000E...Resto-mod to come

Comment

Your most welcome, hopefully some of it helps you and or others out. You can do your full restore over the winter like I did, best time to do it...

Are you talking about the engine cover bolt kit, you can get it at Z1Enterprises, all the other SS bolts I got here locally, and a couple from GoodTimes, a member here on the site, I just couldn't find them here.

Comment

the one from z1 and I'm going to go through Mcmaster car for the other SS bolts
                            1984 GS550ES
                            Rebuild in progress....

1983 GS750ES
                            4700 miles

1978 GS1000E...Resto-mod to come

Comment

Black Grill

Well since I cannot do anything on the bike for the moment, I decided to work on the car, actually my younger son wanted to do some painting on the car, so I let him, this is the result of tonight's work...

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
                                sure,,,,nothing like rubbing it in.....

naaah gk i dont rub stuff in my friend, love your build your doing great work, im just so happy to ride again i can believe it over 500 miles already woo hoo lol

im so lazy i havent painted my fairing or front fender for 2 months now!, well its so hot out i dont wanna mess with it lol

Comment

Working...
                                X