No announcement yet.

1983_GS750E - Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They actually sell license plate bolts and those weird flat nuts at CT, so I recently discovered.
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time1983 GS 750
    https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4256/3...8bf549ee_t.jpghttps://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4196/3...cab9f62d_t.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
      They actually sell license plate bolts and those weird flat nuts at CT, so I recently discovered.
      OHhhhhh I know,,,,I was being sarcastic/funny......

I actually have some very nice SS Allen head bolts that would go great, but I lost the nuts or didn't get them, I don't know which,,,,

I even some some nut's with lights as well those would be interesting as well, but I have to get mirrors first.....those I have not decided on yet, working on it....

OHhhhhh and my Insurance agent was impressed with the build as well,,,,,he rides also, just this past weekend he rode almost 1500 Km

Last edited by Guest; 08-09-2012, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
        OHhhhhh I know,,,,I was being sarcastic/funny......

I actually have some very nice SS Allen head bolts that would go great, but I lost the nuts or didn't get them, I don't know which,,,,

I even some some nut's with lights as well those would be interesting as well, but I have to get mirrors first.....those I have not decided on yet, working on it....

OHhhhhh and my Insurance agent was impressed with the build as well,,,,,he rides also, just this past weekend he rode almost 1500 Km

I knew you would have some SS Allen heads for it! Let me know if you need me to ship you some nuts.

Can't wait to see you riding it.

Comment

Thanks for the offer on the the nuts, but I do have a couple of my own....only problem they didn't fit the bolts.....LOL......

Should be out by this weekend........

ohhhh yaaaa baby.....

finally....

Comment

add ons tank protector and cargo net

Well can't ride, it's **** pouring rain, all day, so I went shopping this morning, and got a few goodies for the bike, and for me...

I purchased some gloves, didn't take pictures of them, but I did get a tank protector and cargo net for the bike...

took pictures of that...LOL

I will get riding as soon as the rain stops.........hopefully soon

Comment

That just figures,all legal and ready to go what else would it do?

Comment

Lucky for me it's not snowing.......LOL

Comment

By the way, just took a look at your finished bike (I've been working and travelling a lot) and all I can say is wow! She looks better than new and I love the white paint. Just amazing GK. I've quietly been plugging away on the baby kat. I've been working on the wiring for the past couple weeks. I finally got it to turn over and the lights appear to all be working. My biggest dilemma now is the tank. I stripped it and found two creased dents on each side and some smaller dents and a large depression on the top. Estimate is 800 bucks which is painfull. Not sure what I'm going to do with that. These tanks are very rare so that's a problem too. Anyway, amazing work. You should feel very proud.
                  1982 GS550M Rebuilt Winter '12 - 550 to 673cc engine conversion.
                  1989 Kawasaki ZX-7 Ninja
                  2016 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle

Comment

Hey Sci85, Thanks for the compliment, yup she is finally done, and on the road was out today did about 30 Km, not a lot, but made sure all was in good working order, and getting the new tires scrubbed in....

Glad to hear your getting some progress on the bike, bummer on the tank, 800 to what fix the tank, WOW, that is a lot, can't the creases be pulled out, the dent shouldn't be too hard, and or just bondo the damaged areas, or lead fill em, and get it painted ? Well I hope you get it sorted and get that bike going soon....

and yup I feel like a proud dad with a new born.....LOL

Comment

Yeah, 800 to remove the dents and paint. I keep hoping a tank shows up on ebay but it's going to be unlikely. I still can't believe how great your 750 came out. You going to do a new project this winter?
                      1982 GS550M Rebuilt Winter '12 - 550 to 673cc engine conversion.
                      1989 Kawasaki ZX-7 Ninja
                      2016 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle

Comment

Originally posted by Sci85 View Post
                        Yeah, 800 to remove the dents and paint. I keep hoping a tank shows up on ebay but it's going to be unlikely. I still can't believe how great your 750 came out. You going to do a new project this winter?
                        wow that is a lot.....I had my tank fixed, a few small dents, all parts sanded, and small imperfections fixed, including the holes that I had for the screws holding the nubs on the side panels, primed, and painted

400 bucks.....

This winters project......funny you should ask.....will be painting the inside of the house, the walls, the trim, the doors, etc....this is coming from the boss, the wife......LOL

unless I find a nice KAT to work on.....

Comment

Wow GK I just got caught up on your rebuild thread... Fu*&ing awesome man!!! What a classy build! Love the white.Love the seat. I had the same bike (burgandy and black) that I bought brand new when I was 18. Not far from you in Woodstock. It brings back some great memories, thanks.
                          Trevor
                          No signature :(

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                            Wow GK I just got caught up on your rebuild thread... Fu*&ing awesome man!!! What a classy build! Love the white.Love the seat. I had the same bike (burgandy and black) that I bought brand new when I was 18. Not far from you in Woodstock. It brings back some great memories, thanks.
                            Trevor
                            Thanks.....

Glad to hear it brought you some fond memories, as you recall the bike was originally burgundy and black, but I wanted to change it up a bit....I tossed around a few ideas, and when the seat was done, and when I saw the white piping, it made my decision so much easier and that was the direction it took...

Back in the day Woodstock was and probably still is a great party place...

I am glad it's done, and I am able to be out riding...

Comment

Today's short ride, only 29 km, but it was just a check on all systems, and making sure nothing was going to fly off, or fall apart on me. It's running well, some popping on deceleration (have to figure that one out) but over all, she pulls good in all gears, and will move if I open up the throttle, some vibration on the mirrors, but going to get new ones anyways...

Over all it was a nice short test ride....

I didn't take the camera with me, so a few shots after I got back.

Comment

There ya go!

Comment

Working...
                                X