Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great to see the bike in action!!

Comment

RAM,,,,,where the heck are you.....what is gong on, bike up and running, come on, times a wasting......let's get out and ride....

Comment

It's running well, some popping on deceleration
        Look for an airleak on the exhaust side. Either at the head or the collector where it joins the tail pipe. I wouldn't think there is a hole under your wrap but there could be. I won't take much either just a hole or a gash about 1/8"" or so .

I'll see if we can figure it out if I get down tomorrow with your best in show "prize".

Cheers,
        Spyug

Comment

Originally posted by spyug View Post
          Look for an airleak on the exhaust side. Either at the head or the collector where it joins the tail pipe. I wouldn't think there is a hole under your wrap but there could be. I won't take much either just a hole or a gash about 1/8"" or so .

I'll see if we can figure it out if I get down tomorrow with your best in show "prize".

Cheers,
          Spyug
          Could only be at the head then, perhaps the gaskets are not in right or tight, I will look at tightening up the exhaust bolts a bit.

no holes in the headers that is for sure, but the collector is a possibility..

I will see what you think, once you get a chance to take it for a spin, hope to see you...

'

Comment

Well my baby has been sleeping for months now, and today finally the sun has come out enough to warm things up, and get me to venture into the garage, we moved here to the new place in November, so everything was just thrown in with no rhyme or reason as it was cold, put on the battery tender, and put her in the corner....

Today I put the key in the ignition position, choke on full, clutch lever pulled in, and hit the start button, what seemed to be an eternity of cranking over and over, but it wasn't it was maybe all of 1 minute, I could hear her starting to get some gas and the faint rumbles of ignition, a few more cranks, and vvvvrrrrrooooooommmmmmm

she roared to life.................sat at about 40000 rpms for another 45 seconds, eased off the choke, let her warm up for about 2 minutes, got on her and took her for a short ride down to the end of the street, back up around the court did this twice, and back into the garage.....

BIG A$$ SMILE on my face

back into the garage, let her idle for a bit, to get her warm, and turned her off.....

added a bit of bling to the rims, and went inside to finish the grouting I have to do on the back splash.....

It was a good time...................

Awake from her slumber.....

and the added bling.....

Have to give her a nice sponge bath, she is dusty as heck, but it was nice to be back in the saddle, even if it was for only a few minutes...

Cheers

Last edited by Guest; 03-29-2013, 01:54 PM.

Comment

SWEET!!!! She lives!

Comment

Reminds me I got to get cracking on Yellers repaint.Messed up mixing the clear,didn't ad enough hardener.The wife told me some clown offered me $75 last summer

Comment

If any really cares....but I see alot of these Blogs coming up, so I decided to do one up as well, I know I kinda screwed it up because it's all done on one day, but what the heck it was just another way of immortalising my build....

I am not even sure if I did it right, but what the heck....

enjoy

Comment

I'm not sure if you ever said or not. But I asked a couple months back about the exhaust note changing with the wrap, did you ever notice any change?

Comment

Sorry Weeksz...I probably forgot, and I probably didn't answer you....

But actually I have found no change in the sound of the exhaust, from what I remember it to be in the past, it's still loud, just like the way I like it....I hear no difference in it at all.....

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
                        Sorry Weeksz...I probably forgot, and I probably didn't answer you....

But actually I have found no change in the sound of the exhaust, from what I remember it to be in the past, it's still loud, just like the way I like it....I hear no difference in it at all.....

No worries!

Since we're on the topic, how much 2" wrap did it take to wrap all the pipes?

Comment

I used the one 50 ft kit....

it took a couple of tries, but I got it all wrapped finally, and yes it was cut, and started each time at the top of the header and worked my way back to the end, the last one wrapped the other 3, so it would hold everything together, turned out OK....well I think so...

Are you doing a restoration project of some kind on a GS? Let everyone see what you are doing by posting the details here.

Last edited by Guest; 04-16-2013, 02:30 PM.

Comment

You wrapped your pipes wrong. They look good, but you should have wrapped them towards the engine, and not towards the collector. Or up the pipe, not down. That way the overlap would shield from the wind and not leave an exposed edge to it.

I only say it because when I wrapped my pipes on another bike, the guys I asked about it were very insistent it be done that way. Sorry to be a downer. Bike looks great though. Hope mine comes out half as nice. Did you have any fitment issues clearing the frame once they were wrapped?

Comment

Originally posted by drenfro22 View Post
                              You wrapped your pipes wrong. They look good, but you should have wrapped them towards the engine, and not towards the collector. Or up the pipe, not down. That way the overlap would shield from the wind and not leave an exposed edge to it.

I only say it because when I wrapped my pipes on another bike, the guys I asked about it were very insistent it be done that way. Sorry to be a downer. Bike looks great though. Hope mine comes out half as nice. Did you have any fitment issues clearing the frame once they were wrapped?
                              Maybe yes, maybe no,,,,,it depends on who you talk to, what vid you watch, and so on.....

I started from the point where it attaches to the engine first and worked my way down the pipe to the end, this way it cannot unravel on me, as the start is wrapped onto itself and even if the stainless steel zip breaks and is no longer there it will hold itself as it's wrapped onto itself ( hopefully that makes sense)

Once wrapped good and tight, and once it dried, and once I applied the silicone spray, it all turned into one cohesive part, I don't see any way it will open itself up, no matter how much wind is there, then again it could happen.......

No issues with fitment as it's not that thick and there was plenty of room left over.

Just soak the wrap very well, pull it as tight as you can, make sure your clamps on on good at the start and at the end,,,,,,and wear gloves.

let it dry overnight, and apply the silicone, I used up the whole can, light coats each time and allowed it to dry between coats.

so far, no issues.....

and Thanks for the compliment.

Comment

any way you look at it that it is one sweet looking bike don't want to copy you but you got just the look I am after nice job
                                Tom

Comment

Working...
                                X