No announcement yet.

1983_GS750E - Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the Vintage look the Yoshi emblem has... I think it makes it look like it was kept nice and appreciated all it's life!

Comment

rear pegs

A little paint and polish tonight....yet again...

Can you see me ??????????

Comment

Now that's how you create some bling! Nice work GK.
        1982 GS550M Rebuilt Winter '12 - 550 to 673cc engine conversion.
        1989 Kawasaki ZX-7 Ninja
        2016 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle

Comment

Awesome!
          1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
          1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Supah nice! Keep up the great work. You are inspiring me to get after my 84 Kat.....

Comment

More polishing....

Well here are a few more pieces that have been attacked by the buffing/polishing wheel...

Comment

Lookin' great!!

Comment

last cover polished

Well that's it for the cover on the engine, I think I got them all.....

NO wait....I still have to do the top cover, that big monster one, the one that looks like hell, so I am not sure if a polish is in store, or just paint it.....any thoughts ?

anyways here is the almost last cover.....

Comment

You have more patience than I, If there is one thing I cant stand, its polishing and painting.
                    I paid this guy to polish my chromes....100 bux was money well spent!! hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by oohsam View Post
                      You have more patience than I, If there is one thing I cant stand, its polishing and painting.
                      I paid this guy to polish my chromes....100 bux was money well spent!! hahaha
                      I'm the opposite,love polishing and getting way better at it.Painting to.Even if it's cold out in my workshop watching as the metal starts shining up .....well you just can't beat it.But that's me.

Comment

How strange and different people are!
                        I love welding. I will weld anything if given a chance! Even though I'm no good at it, I still love it!

Comment

I can't weld to save my life, so I polish instead, it's not the best work, could be better, but I would need to sand way more, and have another 2 different buffing wheels to get it to a mirror finish, and with out any scratch lines, but I figure it's a 30 year old bike, it should show it's age a bit. It will be way better than it was when I first started this project.

So any thoughts on the top cover ? paint or polish ? the breather I will polish up for sure, it's the bigger part I am unsure what to do....

Comment

I painted my cover and polished the breather.
                            u cant really see it, i'd rather have done the opposite, but its an awkward peice of metal to polish!

Comment

I would polish the Valve cover. Here is what mine looked like before I put the gsxr engine in.

Comment

@smarzinski,,,,very nice......love the conversion, maybe one day, I can be so lucky to do the same, I love the rims the most...

My biggest concern is getting to the inner portion of the cover, not an issue in doing the top, and the outsides, but going to be a biatch to get her polished on the inside, I will need to find smaller buffing wheels I guess and try it with a drill....

ohhh the other question, is if I take the cover off, will I need a new gasket ? I am sure this one is not cheap ? or do you guys think I can use it again if I don't tear it/break it, and if I do take it off to polish, is there anything to check while it's off ?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X