No announcement yet.

1983_GS750E - Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the encouraging comments.....

I am trying to get an order placed with Boulevard Suzuki, (they take forever to reply to emails, but it's how they want to deal with International orders) for a few bits and pieces, odds and ends, rubber boots on the brakes and things like that, the little gear for the shock, and brake pads, so waiting on that, can't find the M10 fine threaded bolts, so far all is in coarse thread, so I might have to use the old bolts

Worse case is bike is getting dusty in the garage....,,,I have to keep on dusting it to keep it clean

ohhhhh the joy.....

getting some nice weather today, and for the weekend, going to try and get a few outside pictures of the bike in the sun.....wooo hoooo
    Last edited by Guest; 03-07-2012, 09:59 AM.

Comment

You're making it look better than showroom! Great job so far.

Comment

really nice man, i wish mine was that nice, but i need mine quick,and no way it can be done like that now,maybe someday

Comment

Originally posted by platinum2 View Post
          really nice man, i wish mine was that nice, but i need mine quick,and no way it can be done like that now,maybe someday
          Thanks....

fortunately for me it's winter, so no riding anyways, good time to do stuff like this, and all that was supposed to be done from day one, was a simple oil change.....

Comment

Too funny GK. That was my plan with my bike... just get it road worthy but then it went crazy.

Bruce.

Comment

10 Thumbs up

Nuff said

Comment

Originally posted by brslk View Post
                Too funny GK. That was my plan with my bike... just get it road worthy but then it went crazy.

Bruce.

Ditto. I thought, "I may take it down to the frame." We should watch what we think right?

Comment

Funny you guys should mention that.
                  Jennifer's make over started as a simple stator cover replacement.

Comment

Gee an I the only one who planned to tear mine down,twice?......No make that 3 times

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
                      Gee an I the only one who planned to tear mine down,twice?......No make that 3 times
                      I am afraid of becoming like you. But... meh.. it's inevitable.
                      There is something about these bikes that makes me want ten more.

Bruce.

Comment

Originally posted by brslk View Post
                        I am afraid of becoming like you. But... meh.. it's inevitable.
                        There is something about these bikes that makes me want ten more.

Bruce.

That's OK i'm afraid of becoming the guy

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post

That's OK i'm afraid of becoming the guy
                          Is that 4 Skunks I see in there ????
                          Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time1983 GS 750
                          https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4256/3...8bf549ee_t.jpghttps://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4196/3...cab9f62d_t.jpg

Comment

GK,

What size M10 and pitch do you need. ACE harware has crazy amounts of bolt sizes ( all but the 6mm x 90mm they have upto 80 but not 90). If I can find a em for you I could mail them to you.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck View Post
                              GK,

What size M10 and pitch do you need. ACE harware has crazy amounts of bolt sizes ( all but the 6mm x 90mm they have upto 80 but not 90). If I can find a em for you I could mail them to you.

Paul
                              Hey Paul....

Thanks for the offer, have a look here in this thread it will give you all the info required

actually they don't even need to be Stainless Steel, can be plated, it will look like SS, more like chrome, but will give me the same effect, and consistency with the rest...

hope you have better luck in finding them than I do....

Cheers

DAn

Comment

the little things

Went from this

to this

Much better.....

Comment

Working...
                                X