Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

controls_painted

OK, so a wee bit more painting.......

I thought I was done with painting, seems not....

so as per the majority of the forum, the controls were painted....

not the best pictures, and not fully dry yet, the can says satin black, right now it don't really look satin, but hopefully it dries more, and loses the shine a bit more....

Comment

I forgot, I did the painting of the valve cover, well the cover is polished, the TSCC was painted black..

Comment

Looking good, that satin works well there, good job.
        Just for chits and giggles, you know what I think would work well and be eye catching.....
        TSCC

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
          Looking good, that satin works well there, good job.
          Just for chits and giggles, you know what I think would work well and be eye catching.....
          TSCC

I am not buying anymore paint.....

plus it was black to begin with.....

well maybe one day if I have some red kicking around....

Comment

Yup, red definitely looks more Evil with the black engine.

Eric

Comment

Great progress so far, congratulations.
              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

brake and clutch

Well I have the MC painted, and all the other little hardware satin black, I even had the levers painted, but then they would not fit to where they were supposed to go, binding and such, so off they came, hit them with the wire wheel, and then onto the buffing wheel for a bit, put it all back together and ended up with this....I like the contrast between the buffed levers and all the satin black,,,,,,looking good I think.....

Ohh and I put the light on, just to see a bit more progress, this is only temp....

and no I have not done the engine yet, still waiting for some shop time....

that was mostly for Spyug......

Last edited by Guest; 03-19-2012, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Keep it up GK things are looking good. Still no luck on the M10X40 fine threads. Sorry

Paul

Comment

Controls look great GK. I like the polished levers.

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck View Post
                        Keep it up GK things are looking good. Still no luck on the M10X40 fine threads. Sorry

Paul
                        no worries Paul,,,,I didn't think it was going to be that easy......

I was hopeful

Originally posted by Good Times View Post
                        Controls look great GK. I like the polished levers.
                        I tired them painted, but it just didn't work out, fit was a pain, and the chipping made me so off with the paint and polishing was the only other option...

Comment

Well that bike is looking too purty to put a nasty old engine back into anyway. So its likely best if you just leave it out and turn what you have into a lawn ornament

Actually I am hoping to hear of the engine being sorted soon as its the heart of the beast afterall. I don't think you mentioned before but I'm assuming it was a runner? Ever since doing my Kat project I worry about not verifying the engine and tranny before getting on with everything else. Trust me, you don't want a pretty bike that doesn't run.

Speaking of the Kat, I was all set to fire it up after supper but a few too many wines with chow derailed that idea. Drinking and wrenching don't mix just like drinking and riding I've found so I'll hold off until tomorrow. Once I verify the lump is turning over and running properly once again, I can then test the gearbox on the road. I'm hoping against hope I don't need to dive into that tranny.

Well if you are not getting the engine back in yet , have you at least started in on the "tins". You've got to give us something more to drool over man.

Looking good brother.
                          Spyug

Comment

Well your correct on a few items.....lol

I was about to chain up the frame to the light post I have in the front yard, I thought it would look good under the 3 lights, and the black and polished aluminum would have created a really nice shine over the front yard....but I decided against it, the weather is going to get nasty and it would make the bike all dirty....

As for the engine, yes it was a runner, actually neve did anything to it since I have had the bike, and it was actually started a few years back, I did not ride it, but I did run it, trouble on idle, but it always had that....

So all my work on the frame is so far worthwhile, as I do have a running mill......

now the tins.....funny you should ask, I found another guy on a site, to see how much to pain the tins....if you recall and maybe I did mention it, maybe I didn't, but one guy locally here quoted me one thousand bucks, this recent guy, gave me a price of 800 as a standard but because I want a pearl white, it would be another 125....WOW,,,,,so I am going to stick right now with the guy from Niagara, he quoted me 350 all in, primer, paint, fix etc.....

In other words I have no pics of tins right now.....as they are they way they have been since I took them off, and I have to come up with funds for paint, tires, and a new battery, ohhhh ya and I have to upholster the seat,,,another 150, or get a cover from pit replica for 80 bucks and try to do it myself....

still a ways to go, but getting there, we are in the home stretch, and the items that now need to get done are the expensive parts, not including the order from Boulevard Suzuki for gaskets and rake parts, that was another 275 right there......

Man this was one expensive oil change,,,,,as that is from where this whole project sort of got started.....LOL

Too far into it now to stop, so it will get done....

ohhh and the new bikes, might be here either 2nd week of April, or 1t week of May.....

ohhhhh by the way, if you need a hand on that KAT, give me a shout.....

Comment

Looking wicked GK, I am excited for your part.
                              Now I am not the kind of person to say "I told you so" but.....

Flyboy said:
                              Maybe paint the perches and polish the leavers only.

Comment

You did say so Flyboy, and I listened, I am man enough to admit when I need to listen....

I really wanted to have the levers painted as well, it did look good, but they did not function correctly, the paint was thick and in the way, and it was chipping and flaking, so it was stripped off, you probably knew that was going to be the case, that is why you said "polish the levers....."

Thanks.....

you can't see, but the clutch side has a new SS allen head bolt, I need to get 2 more for the throttle side, right now it's held on by the original bolts, as I ran out of bolts and didn't even figure on these....

Comment

Working...
                                X