No announcement yet.

1983_GS750E - Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If that's the case it will be return to sender......

or more pictures of the springs

Comment

brake lines sort of installed

Well, I worked all day, and really didn't have time to really work on the bike and being Good Friday, I really shouldn't be working in the house, but the boys went out, the wife is doing her thing, and I decided to go and check on the bike, and it hit me.....lets see how the brake lines will look, I just did all the calipers, not on fully, but enough to dry fit the lines.

I like the look of the lines, and them being all nice and new, but what a pain in the behind, very little flex to them, especially if you want the to go any way but the way they want, they are stiff, they are hard to conform to how I want, but they do look good, that is for sure.

Will they loosen up a bit, or do I not worry about it and just let them be the way they are, the rear line feels a bit short and they need a few minor bends so I put it in place and zip tied the line, so it stays, not sure how else to hold it there, but it will figure out something.

It's all gonna come off or at least apart, I didn't put on any of the crush washers, it's all just loose fitting for now....

Let me know what you think, or any tips on how I might do something different, or is it the way it is....?

Comment

Damn that there looks down right spiffy. Love the SS brake lines they look great on there. I opted for the smoke coated ones only because of my color scheme.

Paul

Comment

Those look sweet. One question, however. With the anti dive units did you dissassemble and clean them? I was talking with my pro-wrench the other day and he told me that they are quite sensitive and require cleaning every year or so to work properly.

I was planning on taking mine off the 550 but he says they actually do work very well if kept clean. I'm taking his word for it and will pull them off for a sprucing up. They were blanked off on my 750 so I really don't know how well they work.

Its looking very good. Can't wait to see it all together again my friend.

Cheers,
          Spyug

Comment

Thanks...

As for the dive units, they were taken off of the forks, not really disassembled but cleaned, as were the forks, brake cleaner, varsol, etc, nothing but clean fluids came out so I figure they should be clean and ready for usage.

I don't know if this is good enough, I guess I will see, I didn't look to see what is involved in tearing them apart, it can still be done, no fluids have been introduced as of yet.

I just have to figure out how to secure the rear brake line, I am not going to use the zip ties that's for sure....LOL

Comment

For the rear brake line, you need to get a piece of rubber hose of the dimension to fit the clamp on the swing arm. Cut a piece about an inch, slit it open and wrap around the brake hose. Pop it into the clamp.

Probably a piece of the old hose might work even.

Cheers,
              Spyug

Comment

I like your idea, but I was thinking something a bit different,,,,only because the rubber hose is currently black, and it will detract from the look, I will go and look for some clear tubing instead, wrap it with that and hopefully it will hold...

Comment

Are you even going to ride this when all is said and done? Hahahaha.. Just kidding.

It's looking PHENOMENAL. Great, great work.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyMotor View Post
                    Are you even going to ride this when all is said and done? Hahahaha.. Just kidding.

It's looking PHENOMENAL. Great, great work.
                    Probably not.....It's looking too good to ride and get it all dirty....

It's why I bought a new bike..

Just kidding, I am sure it will be used for those Sunday rides, when the weather is just perfect, have to get the dust off the bike somehow....It won't be a daily ride, but it will be used...

Thanks for the compliment....

Comment

Those lines look like a million bucks, good choice, I wish I could have got some for Jennifer, but I was not paying R 2000 for brake lines, she is a daily beater not a show bike, so I got the normal black ones that look like the OEM stuff, no as nice as yours.
                      Yeah, a piece of clear tube would do the job in that bracket.

Comment

A day to wash the car....

Well today was way to nice to really do any serious wrenching, so I slacked off, and did nothing but goof around a bit, and it was just as much fun....

Nothing but BLING.......

The Lawn Ornament....If I don't go any further

Sexy with some tins.....and looking like a bike.....

I did manage to do something constructive, I washed the car......

Comment

Wow GK... lookin' awesome! Love that colour combo on the tins too...
                          1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                          1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Pete, that is the original paint and scheme, except the tail, it is sanded, the rest I have not touched, but it will be all white.......

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
                              Pete, that is the original paint and scheme, except the tail, it is sanded, the rest I have not touched, but it will be all white.......
                              Aaah ok... I really like that colour too, but having seen Erki's white one, should look good
                              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

And when you say "you washed the car", you meant you washed the wife's Benz and your 1996 Honda Civic is still dirty didn't you?

I know here that I wash both cars and the wife drives the one she likes the most. My car...

Comment

Working...
                                X