1983_GS750E - Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brslk View Post
    And when you say "you washed the car", you meant you washed the wife's Benz and your 1996 Honda Civic is still dirty didn't you?

I know here that I wash both cars and the wife drives the one she likes the most. My car...

LOL......

The civic is not ours....it's the neighbours car, friggen piece of CRAP...we share a driveway, that's going to change hopefully this year as well, gonna move, if we can find a new place that we like....

this is the wifey's car...

just when we bought it, I don't have any recent pics on my photobucket.....

the good thing is I don't need to wash it, the boys both drive it, so they take care of that one....

she wanted us to keep this one, but I wanted something bigger.....

this would be a nice house....
    but it's an estate home donated to the City, and now the house is used for meetings and such, and the land is used as a park.....some people just have way too much money.....to give things away

Last edited by Guest; 04-08-2012, 08:30 AM.

Comment

What's wrong with using the factory mount on the rear brake line?
      If the SS line is smaller outside diameter than the stock hose, just add a small section of fuel hose at the clamp and push it down.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
        What's wrong with using the factory mount on the rear brake line?
        If the SS line is smaller outside diameter than the stock hose, just add a small section of fuel hose at the clamp and push it down.

Eric
        Yup, will do....

I just didn't have anything in clear to use, need to get some, all I had was some black tubing lying around....

Comment

more bolts

Well the package arrived today, and I put them on.....

not really the same, in the sense the color is off, but who cares, they are Allen....and look the same as the rest, once they get dirty, I won't be able to tell the diff, then again maybe one day I find them in Stainless Steel, and swap them out....for now,,,,,it's perfect....

Good Times should recognize this.....

and on the bike already.....

now I can move on along and tighten it all down to spec, and possibly get some brake oil in the lines....

Comment

Pretty, but any news of an engine???????????????

Your pal (lacking patience),
            Spyug

Comment

Ahhhh

but patience is a virtue......

Your pal
              GK

Honestly I don't know when, all I can say is if it's not before May 4, I then have to look for another shop to get it done....ohh and it seems our thoughts of new bikes might be down the drain, the son is rethinking and is leaning more towards a car.....At least I have this bike, so the engine work will need to be done, as will paint and tires and battery, seat is be done already.....

Getting there................

Comment

Glad you finally got them!

Comment

ohh and it seems our thoughts of new bikes might be down the drain, the son is rethinking and is leaning more towards a car.
                  Now that's a shame but, in reality, a car is more practical and likely safer for him. Besides its difficult making out with your gal on a bike

Puts a bit more urgency on getting this puppy sorted doesn't it.

Hopefully, you will be able to get in there before the end of the month. fingers are crossed for you.

Cheers,
                  spyug

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
                    Well the package arrived today, and I put them on.....

not really the same, in the sense the color is off, but who cares, they are Allen....and look the same as the rest, once they get dirty, I won't be able to tell the diff, then again maybe one day I find them in Stainless Steel, and swap them out....for now,,,,,it's perfect....

Good Times should recognize this.....

and on the bike already.....

now I can move on along and tighten it all down to spec, and possibly get some brake oil in the lines....

I hope you remembered to put in some crush washers......

Looking VERY good!

Comment

No crush washers yet.....

I didn't forget, lines were put in, as a dry run, to make sure it would all work, I still have to take things back apart, as I do need new tires

Thanks for the reminder.....

Comment

OMG - all the way to the 4th page.....sheeeesh

anyways, I got a call from the place I took to get my seat redone....it's finished, and ready for pickup.....heck they even like it, and are impressed with how it turned out...they did not add the strap, it's there but not put on, as they would need to cut the holes for the bolts that go through, he told me to take a look and see if I want it on or not, that way I can either make the hole or they will, maybe I will hold off take a few pictures and see what you guys think....

they even want to take a few pictures for themselves to show it off to other potential customers, maybe I should ask for a bigger discount....LOL

Ohhhhhh boy, I am so excited, to see this....

stay tuned.......

and I see no thoughts on my windscreen dilemma,,,ahhh such is life...

Comment

Hurry, we need pics! It seems like weeks since anything new

Seriously, this is exciting. Haven't seen a snazzy seat in years and I'm dying to see how the "piping' turned out. I might need to comission one myself.

You know, when this bike is done its going to be too pretty to ride and it will need to become a "lawn ornament". Actually I think that will be its fate as I'm sure now you sold, lost or gave away that motor

Pics man, pics!

Cheers,
                          Spyug

and I see no thoughts on my windscreen dilemma,,,ahhh such is life...
                          I just saw that but what did I miss re: windscreen dilemma?
                          Last edited by Guest; 04-17-2012, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Plus 1 on the wind screen dilemma and seat pics.

Comment

Originally posted by spyug View Post
                              I just saw that but what did I miss re: windscreen dilemma?
                              Originally posted by Good Times View Post
                              Plus 1 on the wind screen dilemma and seat pics.

my windscreen....

Put any information that you have to make your bike look great in here.

Comment

That's a fairly easy fix I think. Get one of the headlight lens polishing kits ( several different types out there) and buff it out. The secret is to first wet sand it with 1500/2000 grit to get the surface oxidation off. Apply the polish, let dry and buff off.

Some kits have a foam ball for application and some have a buffing wheel to polish it. I would by-pass those as they can be too agressive and scratch or even gouge the plastic (ask me how I know). Just go at it by hand.

Yours doesn't look too bad so I think it will come out well. I don't think painting it is going to look right.

What's the schedule on the tins? I'm giving up asking about the engine

Got the seat yet?

cheers,
                                spyug

Comment

Working...
                                X