No announcement yet.

1983_GS750E - Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will try one of the headlight kits....

There are some really deep gouges/scrapes, I doubt they will come out, but I will sand them down so they are not as rough, and follow the kit....

Tins....LOL,,,,probably after the engine and just before the new tires....

no sense in all that other money being dumped, and I don't have a motor....

well I have a motor, but need one in working condition....LOL

Seat will be after 4 today, heading over right after work, took my hunting funds, to pay for the seat, so now if I don't save up, no moose and deer hunting this year....like that's going to happen...

Cheers

Comment

no moose and deer hunting
      Don't think I've ever had Bullwinkle but Bambi, now that's some good eating..........yum

There's a guy in our neighbour hood who grosses everyone out and scares the kids by hanging his deer in the garage (with the door open) to drain and gut. I think folks called the cops on him but I don't suppose there is anything they can do.
      Hope you don't do that.

I tried hunting once but guns and a bunch of crazy Rambo wannabees in the woods gave me the heebee geebees and I couldn't wait to get out of there. 'Sides I couldn't kill a Bambi......they're too cute.

I'll stick with bikes as my hobby where the only thing I can kill is the odd brew and a bunch of brain cells

Cheers,
      spyug

Comment

Looks like you've gotten some good suggestions. I would sand up to 2000 and then hit it with clear coat had I been working with it. Polishing sounds like a good option as well.

Comment

Originally posted by spyug View Post
          Don't think I've ever had Bullwinkle but Bambi, now that's some good eating..........yum

There's a guy in our neighbour hood who grosses everyone out and scares the kids by hanging his deer in the garage (with the door open) to drain and gut. I think folks called the cops on him but I don't suppose there is anything they can do.
          Hope you don't do that.

I tried hunting once but guns and a bunch of crazy Rambo wannabees in the woods gave me the heebee geebees and I couldn't wait to get out of there. 'Sides I couldn't kill a Bambi......they're too cute.

I'll stick with bikes as my hobby where the only thing I can kill is the odd brew and a bunch of brain cells

Cheers,
          spyug
          Bullwinkle, is much better than Bambi......the meat is awesome....

I don't gut in my garage, we usually do it at the camp, but if no time or weather is nice and cool, when we get back it's done in my buddies garage,,,and he is in Oakville,,,,,figure that one out...

and no the cops can't do anything.....thank goodness

If I make out your way one day, I will bring along some Bambi,,,unfortunately no Bullwinkle left....and we were not lucky the last couple of years.....

Turkey starts next week I believe......

And your right, you need a good bunch of guys/gals to be in a hunt party, and dinks and it can get scary really fast....

off to go and get the seat....

be back soon....

GT - Thanks as well, going to try out the suggestions and see what happens....

Comment

carbon fx seat

Well it's done, it's home, and I think it look great......

I think the place did a fine job, very nice work, even the staples they used were stainless, no more rusty staples......

Only thing they did not do, was put the strap on.....even they couldn't decide what would be better, so they left it with me, to see on the bike, with or without, and if I decide to put it on, to just come back, they will do the holes and put it in place.....

And I know someone will ask,,,,how much did it cost ???

$210.00 was the out the door price, plus putting the strap on if I want

Good or bad, high or low, but it's, one might say custom for me, so the outlay was justified in my books, hey I scrimped on other things, this was not going to be one of them....

I am happy....

well here are the pics, let me know what you think, especially with regards to the strap, on or off, once it goes on, there is no turning back.....

Comment

Hmmmmmmm....the wife says strap.I'm not sure..........strap adds something,yes I know it adds the strapYeah strap for me to

Comment

Very nice. Me likey, $210 you say....mmmmmmmmmmmmm might have to get one.

I usually like things very plain and simple but I think it does look better with the strap. The stitching is quite subdued as well so it all comes together.

Nice job.

The more I see the things you are doing, the more I'm starting to think this bike is going to be wayyyyyyyyyyyy tooo pretty to ride on the street. Maybe should go in a museum.

Pulling your leg...........................we need to take that biotch on some serious rides brother! ( twists ball cap sideways, sticks out tongue, grimaces and makes some gangbanger signs with the fingers)

Dang you do nice work ( even if you just pay for it!)

Cheers,
                Spyug

Comment

@Spyug.....

your such an A...........

But I laughed so hard, I almost peed my self......

so far it's the only thing I paid to have done.....some things are best left to the pro's....

as for the strap, I am still on the fence, my wife don't want it, and you 2 (SVSooke and Spyug ) say go for it

maybe I should do a poll......

Seriously, thanks for the comments...

Comment

The seat looks great. Just looking at it now I'd say no strap, but why don't you wait until you get the bike finished and see how it looks before cutting holes in that seat? It may work well once you get it all together or it may look like a purse. JK!

Comment

That seat is stunning, that is what I call $210 well spent for sure, I am an OEM kinda guy, but that weave just works, well done.
                      Strap, oh yes, no question, it just sets it off, looks too bland without it.

Comment

The more I look at it......the more I like the strap.

Comment

That seat looks great! I'm with the pro-strap people.

Bruce.

Comment

Seat looks great. Put me down for no strap.
                            Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Congrats on the seat. They did a great job. I can't decide about the strap. I say leave it off for now and see what it looks like with the tank and side covers installed.

Jim
                              1981 GS550T (Long gone)
                              1983 GS650G (Rolling rebuild is now a full rebuild.)

Comment

i would say no strap looks cleaner, seat is a gripp seat cover isnt it?, so she wont need it, plus she can hold on to you it will keep balance better those straps are crappy and under you if your the passenger, i have been there and used them they suck

Comment

Working...
                                X