X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey that sounds like a 3gen GS750 with a 4>1

Comment

It does, it does.....LOL

and sounds good if I do say so myself.....

I am such a proud papa....

Comment

I had to put it on the new page, so sorry.....

Click on Picture to Play Video.....

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
        I am so happy....

Last edited by Guest; 06-05-2012, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Congrats GK, job well done.
          1982 GS550M Rebuilt Winter '12 - 550 to 673cc engine conversion.
          1989 Kawasaki ZX-7 Ninja
          2016 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle

Comment

Originally posted by Sci85 View Post
            Congrats GK, job well done.
            Thanks....

It sure does feel good..

Comment

Congrats. Looks and sounds goods......well done

Comment

Hey that almost sounds like a 750 Kat with Yosh pipe ..........well at least one that runs

Well done son, I knowed you could do it. Now slap a chain on it and zip around the block for that real feeling of satisfaction..

I'm starting to think maybe I should comission you to fix the Kat......but on second thoughts I can't afford you can I

Good stuff!
                Cheers,
                spyug

Comment

Originally posted by lmrmllr89 View Post
                  Congrats. Looks and sounds goods......well done
                  Thanks.....now for some tires, and paint, and it will be complete....

Originally posted by spyug View Post
                  Hey that almost sounds like a 750 Kat with Yosh pipe ..........well at least one that runs

Well done son, I knowed you could do it. Now slap a chain on it and zip around the block for that real feeling of satisfaction..

I'm starting to think maybe I should comission you to fix the Kat......but on second thoughts I can't afford you can I

Good stuff!
                  Cheers,
                  spyug
                  I am sure you will get your KAT going as well, if you need a hand no worries, just give me a call....

as they say I am cheap, but not easy....LOL

I think it needs a bit of work still, went to start it latter, and it took some time, had to crank over and over for a bit, before she fired up I was not impressed, so I think a sync of the carbs is probably going to help, and more gas in the tank, I don't think there was enough. and I heard some strange sound as well, hard to describe, so I will leave it until you get a chance to stop by.....and we can go through it even more.

Comment

Well done GK, take a bow, excellent build.
                    She sure sounds healthy enough.
                    May you have many happy and safe Km on her.
                    Oh, and please, just one thing, please don't rev a cold motor like that, it gives me the willies...but some would say I am over sensitive.

Comment

Woohoo! Awesome GK, I'm stoked for ya'
                      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                        Well done GK, take a bow, excellent build.
                        She sure sounds healthy enough.
                        May you have many happy and safe Km on her.
                        Oh, and please, just one thing, please don't rev a cold motor like that, it gives me the willies...but some would say I am over sensitive.
                        Thanks....

she actually wasn't cold, I had her already started, just prior to the video, I could feel the heat off of her so she was warmed up a bit so much so that the garage was full of smoke, some from a bit of oil, some from the new paint on the engine and pipes, and I never went over 4000 rpms....

Originally posted by pete View Post
                        Woohoo! Awesome GK, I'm stoked for ya'

Thanks, ya it's a great feeling to have her running once again

now she just neds to be tweaked a bit, some new rubber, and away we go....

Comment

just went and checked on the bike.....

Happy to report no leaks of any kind, no oil on the floor, no gas, even my ghetto way of taping off the hole for the fuel sender is holding but I better remove that as I am sure the tape will not hold forever and the gas will eat away at it. battery is still good and fully charged.

It's late in the day, I have to go to work so nothing will be done but I will order the tires once I get to work if it's a quiet shift, that should get them to me by the middle of next week, also I am going to get in touch with the guy I found a while back and make arrangements to have the tins painted to see when I can bring those by and have that finished, but I really should order my decals first as I would like to have them under the clear coat.

Thanks to all for watching, reading, and making suggestions, getting bolts for me, and all other bits I needed, including the help given, and expertise all made this a positive rebuild. I hope everyone has enjoyed the ride and maybe it has even helped someone else out there, it's been fun.

Since I am close to the end, the frequency of posts here will be short now, but I will update as the few little steps left get done.

Thanks to you all....

DAn
                          Last edited by Guest; 06-03-2012, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Nice work GK and good perseverance. Glad to see you got to the point where it makes actual vroom vroom noises.

By the way, I love the way it sounds. Enjoy your rides.
                            Erik

1982 GS550M

Dyna S, Dyna greens, coil relay mod w/LED, Sonic Springs (.90)

Comment

Is there a link to audio? Youtube perhaps? I wanna hear that 750!

Comment

the video has audio, click on the picture and it will take you to Photobucket, the vid will start to play, if you don't hear anything adjust the volume on the cliip, and or make sure your volume is on as well

Comment

Working...
                                X