No announcement yet.

1983_GS750E - Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So awesome GK. Proud for you. That thing sounds sweet for sure. !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Good Times View Post
      So awesome GK. Proud for you. That thing sounds sweet for sure. !!!
      Thanks buddy.....

Couldn't be at this point without your assistance on the bolts, bike might be running, but I couldn't have stopped it.....

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
        the video has audio, click on the picture and it will take you to Photobucket, the vid will start to play, if you don't hear anything adjust the volume on the cliip, and or make sure your volume is on as well

heres mine gk i have lots more to do yet but im happy to have went around the block for testing

Comment

Originally posted by platinum2 View Post
          heres mine gk i have lots more to do yet but im happy to have went around the block for testing
          http://youtu.be/FaOZGdicyjo

sweet, sounds good with the open pipes....

not sure if you did it or want to do it, but look at doing the throttle tube change from your stock one, to using one from a 2004 Yamaha R1

(
          Throttle tube for a 2004 R1 (4YR-26240-02-00) )

it will give you half the twist to get to WOT

your bike is going to be a monster once done....

Comment

[QUOTE=GateKeeper;1662866]

not sure if you did it or want to do it, but look at doing the throttle tube change from your stock one, to using one from a 2004 Yamaha R1

(

i honestly dont need to hit wot faster, its so much faster with the different sprockets,and big bore kit,im thinking
            about block to block,and highway, and i think its going to be fine,im hitting 70 or so just playing around,i dont want tickets lol
            its a totally different bike, 30 mph came and went with a blip of the throttle, that stock exhaust was so restrictive

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post

(

i honestly dont need to hit wot faster, its so much faster with the different sprockets,and big bore kit,im thinking about block to block,and highway, and i think its going to be fine,im hitting 70 or so just playing around,i dont want tickets lol
              its a totally different bike, 30 mph came and went with a blip of the throttle, that stock exhaust was so restrictive
              it helps on highway drives, as your wrist is not twisted so far, and if you need to punch it, it don't take much...

plus I needed new grips anyways...

Comment

syncd carbs

Well today my good buddy and new friend stopped by to help me sync the carbs, and make sure all was good with respect to running and idling and so on...

So about 1:15 Spyug pulls up in front of the house, with tools in hand, and dressed as though he was going to a night club, and not as though he was going to work on a bike,,,,I guess he thought I was going to do the work, and he was just going to point out and tell me what and how to do it....

Then again my bike being clean and all, neither one of us would end up getting dirty, at least not in syncing carbs....

So we hook up the IV bottle fill it up with gas, attach to the fuel line, block off the vacuum hose, hookup the carb tune gizmo, and start her up....

hit the button, she cranked over like 2 times and vrrrrrooooommmm she springs to life.

Looking at the carb tune I am almost dead on with the readings, but for chits and giggles we decided to fine tune even more, so bit by bit we get it just about 100% perfect, I think we hit 99%, and I think that is more than good enough for me.....adjust the idle a bit, loosened up the throttle cable a bit it was some what tight, and that was it.....

well,,,,we had lunch, some beer, and Slivovica, should have had more of that, but we can do that next time....

Spyug packed up the tools, the carb tune, and off he rode into the sunset...ok he went home...LOL

Thanks for the help Spyug, and the compliments on the bike, I did try my somewhat best to get her in the shape she is in....now if only that KAT didn't slip away from me.....

Overall it was a great afternoon, bike is running just right, by Monday I will have tires ordered, and I will firm up the deal to get the tins painted, I should be on the road before the end of the month.......

A few pictures to show off today, sorry forgot to take pics of the carb tune device, my bad....

but you will see my ball and rod, getting ready to pop those dents out of the pipes.....I hope....

this is a 1 inch ball, on a 3/8 steel rod,,,,I think the rod is too thick, I don't see how it's going to follow the bend of the pipe,,,,I think it should have been a thinner rod....

Last edited by Guest; 06-08-2012, 06:32 PM.

Comment

If nothing else it looks like your carbs will be germ free.

Comment

Ya I got a chuckle out of the "Listerine" bottle as well....LOL and we used a cofee filter to strain the gas before it went in......

Comment

Well it was a fine way to spend a Friday afternoon but the ride home was a biotch. I caught the get out of work traffic jams and it was 40 km of stop and go.I saw more than one guy run into the poor fart in front of him. I'd hate to do that on a daily basis.

I must say the restoration is every bit as good as the pictures show. It is extremely well done with superb attention to detail ( I love the new seat) and as GK mentioned it starts and runs effortlessly. It was tuned almost spot on before we took the wrench to it. It sound wonderful with the 4 into 1 too.

Being in a teaching frame of mind,however, I made him tweak it a bit to get the hang of the Carbtune. But quickly it was done and we got down to the serious business of noshing and pouring back some libation.

I'm predicting that in a week or so it will be done excepting for the tins and ready for its inaugral run around the block. That is going to be great fun.

Thanks for the great hospitality and the pleasure of meeting your lovely wife, sons and that friendly old puppy.

Now get that chain back on and the wheels off ready for the new rubber.

Cheers,
                      spyug

Comment

Sorry to hear you got caught in the traffic.....you could have stayed longer, heck dinner was not that far off....

was going to do the order on the tires today, but ran into a snag on their website, I sent them an email, hopefully it's just a typo, what I get in the end is as though I am ordering 2 front tires and no rear, so that kinda put me off on going through with the payment....email sent so I am just waiting for an answer back, probably Monday....

Well time to go and BBQ, friends will be arriving shortly, so no time for the bike this weekend.....it's taking a back seat for now.....

I will post more once I get more done...

Comment

tires ordered

Pirelli Sort Demons ordered......

Thanks for all the input

Pirelli Sport Demons

Comment

wrong tires

Well,,,,,to my amazement, I get home to find the tires I ordered 2 days ago, were delivered today, WOW, I was so excited, talk about a fast turn around, paid and shipped and delivered and in my hands in like 48 hours....

But it was short lived

They sent me the wrong sizes....

110/70/17 and 130/70/17

They are supposed to be

110/90/16 and 130/90/17

What a bummer,,,,so I am delayed again, now they have to get these and ship me the correct ones....

Sometimes life just sucks.....

Comment

they are a lower profile use them anyway they will look even better

Comment

they are a lower profile use them anyway they will look even better
                                ... other than the fact that he'd need new wheels too? Wrong rim size

Comment

Working...
                                X