Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes it seems too pink and sometimes it's the right red. I don't know

Comment

talked to a body shop guy and he said he can get all the dents out and paint my tank for 150-200. Does that seem like an ok deal?

Comment

purchased a speedometer from ebay today

also rode around on the bike a little today before it stormed out. Cant wait to trailer it home rather than being stuck around the shop parking lot

Comment

No longer at the shop

Comment

Originally posted by AlTheKiller View Post
            talked to a body shop guy and he said he can get all the dents out and paint my tank for 150-200. Does that seem like an ok deal?
            Tank, fender, and side covers?
            How good of a job is he going to do? Nvr2Old (Larry the painter) quality?
            If so, then the rest of the bike might look terrible.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
              Tank, fender, and side covers?
              How good of a job is he going to do? Nvr2Old (Larry the painter) quality?
              If so, then the rest of the bike might look terrible.

Eric
              It's just for the tank only. He owns a classic car shop and he does very very nice work. He's good family friends with one of my good friends. I'll see if I can get a pic or two of his work.

Comment

If he makes the tank look too good, you will REALLY have your work cut out for you trying to make the rest match.

Eric

Comment

Oh I know! That's one of the reasons why I may not do it. No point in having a super nice tank and fenders then the rest of the bike is all ratted out. Plus 200 on the tank is almost how much I spent on the entire bike when I bought it. Not sure I want to drop that Kind of cash into it.

I think I also figured out my high idle problem. The rubber boot on the #4 carb doesn't seem to seal around the carb. I'm going to try a new clamp and then go from there.

Comment

That's the way to do it.
                    Start cheap and work your way slowly up to "Oh, Sh*t!"

Eric

Comment

Hahaha the jeep you see in the back ground cost me about the same in mods as the cost of the actual jeep and Im still working on it

this bike was suppose to be a "cheap" side hobby. haha we'll see how long that lasts.

also if anyone cares, I made a video for the straight pipes thread:

Bought this bike all ratted out not running for 300 bucks. The mufflers were rotted out so they were cut off for now till money allows for "new" mufflers. A ...

Edit: my new to me speedometer just showed up

Last edited by Guest; 05-19-2012, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Untitled by SoulfulRecover, on Flickr

Untitled by SoulfulRecover, on Flickr

not happy with how that one is cropped so Ill redo it later

Comment

Bike may be sold in the next week.

Comment

Working...
                          X