Early 1978 GS1000E project B/G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Daniel,

Oh boy! She's really looking and sounding great. It looks like you're having a ton of fun. So now you'll add it to the rotation for Bruce's rally next summer?

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

I will probably be selling the 79GS1000E (Blue w/Red/white stripe) and the '81GS1000G (Blue w/gold stripes) some day.
      The "Keepers" will be:

'92 GSX1100G (the only stock bike)

'82 GS1200G (Still looking for a stock seat)

'81 GS1000G "Goldy"

'79 GS750E/1100 "Franky"

'78 GS1000E Blue w/gold/blue stripes (This one)

'79 GS1000S/1100E 4-valve, mono-shocker, single seater
      (currently, still in pieces.)

Of course, all of the 1000's will be 1100's some day...

3 Shafties and 3 Chain-driven, should be enough variety for anyone!

That should cover it for my street bikes.

The 2002 Aprilia has been claimed by my oldest Son. But, I still get to ride it.

Daniel
      Last edited by Guest; 11-27-2011, 02:18 AM.

Comment

that is one cool stable....my fave is the '82 GS1200G it looks good with that seat!

I sent you a PM a while ago....

Comment

Fixed the leaking tach cable today.
          Of course, I had the parts in stock from our friend's at Z1 enterprises.
          (You know, those guys that a certain forum member continues to say sell junk parts. )
          Here are a couple of those "junk" parts:

I have never seen one of these that was one piece. Usually, they
          have the flat piece of steel that lodges into the cylinder.
          It took quite a bit of scrubbing with a wire brush and solvent to see the part!
          It has been leaking oil and burning on it for quite some while apparently.

Before the Sun set, I took it for a short ride and a couple of pic's.

That's all for today...

Daniel

Comment

Gettin' better all the time Daniel! I love it when those little red labelled packages arrive... always gives you a nice warm glow

And I still say I love that blue...
            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

I just cannot wait for the tank badge stickers to arrive to finish it off!
              It looks naked.

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                I just cannot wait for the tank badge stickers to arrive to finish it off!
                It looks naked.

Daniel
                Yeah she does a bit, I need to do something with mine yet too... still undecided

sigpic

Comment

I am also having the guy make me some custom GS1200G stickers for the side covers of that bike.

More great news about this '781000E.
                  After riding it last night, I checked the battery today and it was at 100% charged!
                  I never checked to see if it was charging yet.

Daniel

Comment

I am also having the guy make me some custom GS1200G stickers for the side covers of that bike.

More great news about this '781000E.
                    After riding it last night, I checked the battery today and it was at 100% charged!
                    I never checked to see if it was charging yet.

Daniel
                    You mean you have a GS charging system that works *without replacing the stator and R/R*???? Awesome!

sigpic

Comment

Very nice Daniel, great work bike looks really clean and tight like it should.

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
                        You mean you have a GS charging system that works *without replacing the stator and R/R*???? Awesome!
                        Only one out of seven needs some attention.
                        The rest work like Suzuki designed them to. Imagine that.

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
                          Very nice Daniel, great work bike looks really clean and tight like it should.
                          I finished replacing all of the side cover screws with SS Allen bolts.
                          I still need to replace the 2 on the after market throttle and the screws on the switchgear with shiny allen's.
                          None of my bikes will ever look as nice as your fine examples though.

Daniel

Comment

Only one out of seven needs some attention.
                            The rest work like Suzuki designed them to. Imagine that.

Daniel
                            Excellent! You don't see that reported often on this forum

sigpic

Comment

Pete, there tends to be plenty of doom and gloom floating around about the charging systems.
                              Clean ALL of the connections in the wiring harness and add a couple of good grounds to the existing ones and they tend to work as designed.
                              A couple/few extra grounds never hurt a thing.
                              I have one bike that has been through 3 Hurricanes and multiple snow storms and still works! (uncovered!)

Daniel

Comment

Amazing ride. You get done more in two days than I can get done in two months haha! Lovely scenery to boot. Jealous...
                                1982 GS550M Rebuilt Winter '12 - 550 to 673cc engine conversion.
                                1989 Kawasaki ZX-7 Ninja
                                2016 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle

Comment

Working...
                                X