• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1984 GS1150Z Custom build

1984 GS1150
    94 GSXR 750 complete front end, swing arm and shock, Wheels and brakes,
    6 piston calipers up front.
    Drilled upper clamp to install risers with drag bars.
    All custom hand made brackets
    94 GSXR tail section and seats
    GSXR rear sets raised 2 inches and swept back 2 inches for clearence of drag pipe
    Powder coated frame, swing arm, wheels, and brackets.
    Carbs cleaned, detailed, jetted , and synched.
    Top end oiler
    Powder coated cam cover, 10,000 mile motor, ect.
    The bike is not finished but should be a monster when complete. I am calling it the GS1150Z What do you guys think?

more pics

another pic

Comment

1 more

1 more pic

Comment

Sweet looking ride, my friend. Obviously a ton of work went into it. Love the back end.
        80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

Originally posted by nastyjones View Post
          Sweet looking ride, my friend. Obviously a ton of work went into it. Love the back end.

Thanks! I have been working on this bike for 3 years now. I cannot wait for the maiden voyage this April. With these mods the wheelbase is Identical to the GSXR 750 and the bike has lost over 80 pounds!

Comment

Did you polish the wheels yourself? I did mine and it wasn't much fun. The results are worth it though.

Comment

Actually, the wheels are just powder coated. I explored the polishing option and I have done my share of polishing so i feel your pain. But I was able to find a powdercoat that resembles a semi polished aluminum. It is exremely durable, looks great, and cost allot less than true polishing. With the savings I was able to coat the swing arm, wheels and frame all at once. My cost was $450.00 A great price for all that!

Comment

another pic

Some more pics

Comment

Your bike already looks sweet. Should be stunning when finished.

Comment

The engine sure looks fantastic.
                    There is something about the back half that looks too huge and out of proportion to me.
                    The side covers look FAT. Similar looking bike but not as huge on the back end:

Daniel
                    Last edited by Guest; 12-28-2011, 02:08 AM.

Comment

That has occurred to me as well, I think part of it is that the rear sits too high. I am working on a lowering link for the rear suspension to set it down a few more inches in the back. This will help level the swingarm a little more as well Also the paint color will be 2011 Toyota Tundra electric blue, this color will help slim it down some and bring out some of the other details in the bike.

Comment

Nice looking bike
                        I hope you dont plan on turning corners with that sidewinder on there though

Comment

Originally posted by gearhead13 View Post
                          Nice looking bike
                          I hope you dont plan on turning corners with that sidewinder on there though

The pipe sits up pretty high as it is, we will give it a shot. If she scrapes it should be easy enough to change out the pipe, maybe use a more modern style cannister that is upswept?

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                            The engine sure looks fantastic.
                            There is something about the back half that looks to huge and out of proportion to me.
                            The side covers look FAT. Similar looking bike but not as huge on the back end:

Daniel
                            i think its the big honkin exhaust pipes,and the little handlebars,that throw it off plus all the plastic lol

Comment

Originally posted by platinum2 View Post
                              i think its the big honkin exhaust pipes,and the little handlebars,that throw it off plus all the plastic lol
                              Well, you can't please everyone now can you? I would be interested in seeing a picture of your bike though.

Comment

Working...
                              X